77. The calm before the Storm

With Arjun back in Indraprastha with Subhadra, the tension in the room had been paramount, no dinner could pass without something or the other happening, even when the two women had made peace, their husband always managed to make something go awry.

But thankfully, it died down by the Rajsuy Yagy. Having finally told Vrushali that he loved her, Jyeshth was also a better sport.

So, the day everyone was coming to Indraprasth for the Rajsuy yagy, I couldn't even find my husband till we stepped in the sabha together, moments before having to walk through the doors.

"Ready? " I asked and he chuckled.

" Why are you asking me? " He said and I smiled.

"You're now the Samrat, the one who'll have the superior power, " I said, while he sighed, nodding his head, " I hope I can make pitashree proud. "

" You will, I wouldn't have married you if you didn't have the potential, " I said and he looked at me with confusion, " So you're saying if I wasn't a king you wouldn't have married me? "

"When did I say that! " I whispered angrily and he stiffened his spine as we were suddenly introduced in the room.

What was up with him?

" Welcome, all the kings and princes of Aryavart. Today you join us, as we declare Maharaj Yudhishthir and his wife Maharani Sagarika the Samrat and Samragyi of Aryavart. I hope all of you are in agreement. " The pandit ji called.

I moved my eyes to see a very excited Mini,  who was waving at me.

I sneakily raised me own to wave one back to her as she chatted up Madhu next to her.

Despite all my time here, even when Madhu left so soon, now as an adult, she looked radiant. I felt proud of her.

" Please sit here. " They said as we sat in front of the flames.

I found it weird, but weirder when they chantes my name, mid poojan while they offered Karali the offerings of ghee. It made me feel charged up suddenly, my body sweating from the heat.

It might have felt like eons, when we finally got up, greeting all those who graced us, whether or not I actually wanted them here.

"Mata." My husband and his brothers said, as they jumped into a hug, while my sister grabbed me into one.

"If someone told us that we'll get to live in this time, what would you tell them Didi?" She whispered, nuzzling her face into my shoulder.

" I think they'll land up in the ER. Your sister doesn't pull her punches. " AJ said, strolling over to see us.

"Bhaiya! " She shouted, jumping into his arms as she hugged him.

"You've grown so quickly Mini mouse, I'm so happy to see you. Don't you dare find a boyfriend right now. Or else, he'll have a few broken teeth. " AJ warned as my sister hid her face behind her hands.

"You learnt how to land punches dear brother? " I asked AJ who now went the same shade of red as his dhoti, while his wife tinkled with laughter, keeping her head on my shoulder as she said, " I taught him. And he's taught me things too. " She whispered.

"If they're history lessons, forget them. I can teach you something more exciting. " I answered back conspiratorial as my brother looked more affeonted.

"This is why I don't like to come here. You two gang up on me -"

"No no , don't worry bhaiya, I'm on your side. " Mini said, snuggling into his arms.

"Where's my nephew brother dear? " I asked and he blushed.

" In there. " He mumbled pointing to Devika and I turned around surprised.