83. The Plan

" Five years? Where will we hide for five years? " Arjun wondered, as they all sat in our room. Devika was by my side, with her head on my shoulder.

" We? What do you mean we? " Saag asked, raising a single eyebrow. It's true, ever since she's become a mother, she has become scarier.

" Well, we won't be our wives to spend their time alone in the forest. It isn't wise." Bheem interjected, even devi Hidimba had joined us.

" But we're the ones supposed to go... If we have others, won't it be incredibly suspicious? " Yudhishthir asked and he put a valid point.

"That is why we'll be spread out. Seeing as Subhadra is with child, Nakul and Sahdev will leave with her and live in Dwarika. Arjun and Panchali along with Bheem and Hidimba will travel towards the west, towards Virat, while I, Karali, Mano and their husbands will move towards the North. "

"Why not go to Pushpbhoomi? " Saag asked hopefully.

" They must know we lived there priye. We can't go there. Higher is a better option. Maybe towards the kingdom of Vajji. " Yudhishthir answered.

" As long as it is not freezing cold, I am fine. " She muttered.

" Saag, hum chupne jaa rahe hain. Airbnb ka hotel nahi dhoondh rahe, not too cold, not too hot, by the beach by the river -"

( Saag, we're going into hiding. Not looking for an Airbnb hotel that we'll cater to your choices.)

" Maine poocha tujhse. Mujhe chupna hai. Tu to saath saath ticket kata raha hai apni. "

( Did I ask you? I am the one who's meant to hide. You're tagging along on your own. )

" Arre! Meri Devi ka kya hoga -"

( What about my dear Devi -)

"To mera kya hoga? Mera pati kya randomly mujhse shaadi kiya? Haan chup rahe hain, but thoda to dekh hi sakte hain na -"

( And what about me? Did my husband marry me randomly? Yes, we're hiding, but we can see where we live so I don't freeze myself to death - )

" Will you two please speak in a language we understand? "

" Nahi! "   She answered back, as Sulo pouted at being told off.

" It's alright priye, I assure you, it won't be that cold. " Yudhishthir told her, smiling.

" Alright, then it's settled. We'll leave a few days before. Leaving on the day will increase their chances of finding us. We'll leave at intervals of one week each. Three parties, three weeks. " Arjun concluded.

" Dismissed. " Devika waved her hand as the others moved away.

She put her hands up, my hands ready to hold her as I helped her to stand, then holding to see if she had any blood rush to the brain, before guiding her back to our room.

" You do know it's not nice to annoy a pregnant woman don't you? " She said suddenly.

" What did I do now? "I muttered.

" Well, what is it? Do you know your mistake? " She smirked.. That damn smirk. Seven years I've been married to her, yet her smirk stil makes me feel light headed.

" What? I'm sorry, I hoped the water was the right temperature, I even asked the maids not to bring lavender scents as it is too strong -"

" No, not to me.. " She mumbled, then clapped her hand over her mouth.

"What is it? " I asked, looking at her with worry, as her eyes widened like baloons, deep caramel brown baloons which always took me to places even dreams could never.