82. Agyatvas?

When we reached Pragjyotishpur, there were quite a few things which had to be done, but none of them mattered at that moment.

It had been such a sudden, fast paced day, that I was still processing some of it, just as Yudhishthir was doing the same.

Settling Madhu to sleep, we sat in the room, looking at each other.

Far too many things had happened  and I had not gotten the time to clearly understand them all.

Each time both of us opened our mouths to speak, we were too tongue tied, no words made out.

"So, what now? " I asked and his eyes snapped up to me.

Gently pulling my hand into his, he held on to it as if his life was on the line.

"Why did you do it? " He asked, hand moving to pull himself closer on the bed between us.

" I didn't know what to do. You were injured and I thought if this works then maybe you'll at least be safe. Once you're alright, fighting or doing anything would be easier, but with such a serious injury you would not be able to help me out anyways. My main focus was to get you out of their site. Somehow they managed to surprise you in the sabha, even though I don't understand how. I did what I had to to save you. " I answered, my head hung low in exhaustion.

" But you were insulted,  you were made a joke of, they intended to disrobe you and I-"

"What could you have done? You were injured. It's fine, whatever happened has happened, there's no point-"

" No! I don't care if what happened has happened! You put yourself on the line for me, that hurts me! I don't want to see you in such pain! It hurt me more when I walked in to see that torn saree that hung over your shoulders than when they pushed that knife into me. Why won't you let someone care for you! "

" I do! I do let you care for me! I'm asking you the same! Why won't you let someone care for you! Look, we're supposed to go with this both ways. Yes, what happened was wrong, but I was the one who lost myself in the bet and I did what was necessary to save my husband! I'm sorry if that hurts you. " I exclaimed, eyes tearing at the prospect of his death.

" But -why are you crying?" He asked, watching as I sniffed into my hands.

"I'm not crying! "

" You're lying to me in front of me? Sagarika, what is going on! "

" It's nothing-"

I felt two hands grab my arms, standing up as I was dragged with him, staring down with his intense soldier eyes as he looked at me with the barest hint of anger.

"Sagarika, what is wrong. " He asked, voice hard and cold.

"IaskedKrishn'shelptotellmewhathappenedoriginallybeforewecameheretoseeifIwouldhavetoruntoprotectmybaby. " I blurted out.

" Oh? So, what did you see? " He asked, eyes darkening with intrigue.

"More than I would wish for. " I muttered.

"Sagarika, I am asking you as your friend, what did you see? " He asked, voice hard as his grip on my arms became tighter, not painful, but firm.

" I saw you betting on Panchali after you lost yourself and your brothers and possessions and then she was disrobed instead of me.... And none of you made an effort to stop her! That is what had been bugging me the first day I met you and that is what I wanted to talk to you about when we met, but then, I started loosing the memories, even now, I can see them fading away. So yes, I protected your honour even when I was insulted, because frankly, they did nothing to me, so that the world doesn't question your morals ;by betting on myself, because no one will blame you for not fighting, injured people don't fight, rather many people will simply say, that she deserved it, betting on herself-"

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. " He whispered, pulling me into his warm embrace as he encircled one arm around my waist and rested his chin on my head.

" I swear, I don't know why that person did it, why he had no brains, enough to understand that you don't bet on family and I -I'm sorry for him. I didn't know. I -I promise you, you'll never have to do this for me again. I will make sure not to make such a mistake again, I'm sorry -"

" It's fine. It's okay. We're going to forget about it anyways. What's important is what we do now. Duryodhan will answer with something. We need to be prepared. If he decides to not return Indrprasth, although to be fair, he'd be right not to, but if he doesn't, we have two options, ask Maharaj Dhritarashtr the whole of Indrprasth as compensation for my 'insult' or live somewhere else... No matter what happens, we do have to defeat thethem, Mandik and Moshtik. It all depends on what he says. " I sighed.

" That's true I -"

" Rajkumari, Yuvraj is calling you and your husband to the main court. " A dasi called.

" Now? We've only been here for six hours. " He wondered and I hummed.

" Well, whatever it is has to have some reason. I'm proud of AJ. The way he spoke in the court yesterday.... I was scared at how brave he was. "

"Well, he has a flame for a wife, what do you expect? " Yudhishthir said laughing.

^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•

"What's going on, is everything alright? " I asked, watching as everyone held grim faces.

" Maharaj Dhritarashtr and Duryodhan-they -they agreed to give you back the kingdom. " Devi said.

" So, why are you so disappointed? " I asked, looking at them.

"Well, they have a condition. " AJ said, fiddling with his fingers.

"Which is? " Yudhishthir asked impatiently.

"Well, you, Sagarika, Devi and all her sisters who were present in the sabha have to go for five years in agyatvas,  after a span of two months, during which if they find you anytime, you'll have to restart the agyatvas and this will continue till you complete one without being found. "

" What! " Arjun exclaimed, his eyes darting to his wife who wore a similar expression.

"A-and what about our children? " I asked, watching as a worried Devika cradled her bump, eyes widening with worry.

"We can send them to Dwarika. " Jyeshth interjected.

" But -"

"Alright, we discus the details later. Let's rest. We all need it. " Yudhishthir ordered while the rest nodded, moving out.

" And how do we send our child to Dwarika! They haven't even been born yet! " I hissed.

" Sagarika. I promise you, both of our children will be safe. Trust me, won't you?" He asked, cradling my face.

" Alright. I trust you. " I muttered.

We had two months.... Two months have to be enough to prepare... Right?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Well.... Why are they so ready to give the throne even after the agyatvas?

Will we find the last sister in the forests?

Tell me in the comments how it was and do vote.

Much love

Radhekrishn ♥