85. Matar Kulcha.

Each day spent waiting for thenweeks to pass was torture. By the end of the second week, both Nakul and Sahdev had left too.

It was rather better they had. A pregnant woman did not need to be stressed so much. I was glad Subhadra was living with Krishn. Atleast she'd be safe.

Now, after the birth of Devi's son... One we still hadn't named after nearly two weeks of his birth, we were preparing to leave.

I was also incredibly annoyed by my own child...

Not Madhu... She was a sweetheart. I still hasn't told her she'll be having a sibling.. I want to surprise her before she... She leaves.

I did not want to let her go. It's as simple as that.

" Mumma! " Madhu said, running into the room.

" Hi bacha. What is it? " I asked, as she jumped up onto the bed.

" I want to eat matar kulcha. " She insisted.

Once when she  was around five years old and against eating anything, I made it for her, in hopes that she'll eat it... I have never been happier than when she ate all of it and even asked her more.

" Alright, I'll ask the chefs to -"

"No no. I want you to make it. " She said, putting her hands around my neck from behind me.

" Really? Alright. Well, whatever my princess wishes for. " I told her as she giggled.

Hauling her over my back, I pulled her into a piggy back as we left the room.

" What on earth are you doing Sagarika. " Yudhishthir asked me, running over to us from the end of the hall.

"Get down Madhu. Your mother is not well. I'll carry you around if need be -"

"You're not well mumma? Why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have asked you to make —"

" Papa is just being too worried Madhu. Get down, I'll still make it for you. " I said, settling on my knees so she could get off easily.

" Come on! " I told her giggling and she laughed, when I was pulled back by a very concerned Yudhishthir.

"You know you shouldn't be lifting-"

"My dear darling husband. I know. I am sorry. I'll be more careful. " I said, interrupting his tirade with a kiss to his cheek.

" Don't ask. " He told AJ who had just entered the scene.

In the kitchens, I sat down near the big stove, well the coal one, as I cooked the matar.

" Am I supposed to be going somewhere mumma? "She asked me suddenly and my hand slipped, touching the side of the wok without a cloth. Very smart Saag.
You burnt your own hand.

" Ah. " I winced, rushing to wash it in some water.

"Are you alright? Should I call papa -"

"Oh no! Don't call him. He'll permanently bar me from the kitchen then. Don't worry. It isn't much. What was your question again? " I asked, approaching where she sat perched on a stool.

" Well, since Kaka Nakul and Sahdev, along with Tatshree Karn, Kaka Bheem, Kaki Kaali and Kaka Arjun and Kaki Panchali all have left, I was wondering if we're also going somewhere.. Have they all gone on a vacation? Why haven't we gone together? I rather enjoyed our vacation to the Pushpbhoomi last to last year. It was so much fun! Papa also taught me how to use the flowers to paint." She chirped excitedly.

"You are going dear and yes, it is... Well, it's a vacation for them to study hard and learn more things. " I told her, rubbing some flour on her nose.