2

Hazel's POV

I was left dumbfounded in the room, I even tried to open the door but found out that it had been locked from the other side. I crashed on the bed and cried my eyes out.       

   A few hours later, I heard the door opening and sprang to my feet only for me to find a young cook in her early twenties who had come to inform me that dinner was ready. "I'm not eating" I told her. "But why ma?" She questioned. I felt annoyed with her questions and I yelled at her " I don't feel like, if you were in my situation, would you have the appetite to eat?" "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I'm only carrying out my duties". She replied calmly and bow. It was at this point I realised I had gone so far, it wasn't her fault. I apologised for being rude to her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, it's just that I'm upset about the whole situation " I said and she simply nodded "it's okay, I will take my leave now". she said and left.

****In Xavier's living room****
"Where's she?" Xavier asks as he sees the maid walking down the stairs. "She said she doesn't have the appetite to eat, so she's not coming", the cook replied. "And you could not convince her?" he asks. "I tried to but....", "Never mind you can go", he cuts in and says. "Okay sir, I will take my leave now". Xavier responded with a nod and continued with his food.
     The next morning, Michelle and Emily head to the police station to lodge a complaint about their missing friend- Hazel.
"Good morning sir" Michelle greets, "good morning ma'am, how may I help you?" "We are here to lodge a complaint about our missing friend " Michelle replies. "Okay, carry on. I'm listening", the police officer replied.
"She went out on Saturday morning for shopping and has not returned home since then, We tried calling her cellphone but it had been switched off ", she says, almost crying. "It's okay ma'am", the officer consoles. "Do you know the name of the shopping mall or store she went to?" "Hmm...I think Dream boutique, I'm not not sure, but it should be the one". Michelle replies. "And why do you think it's the one?" Asks the officer. " It was Saturday and our friend's party was that night. Dream boutique is the nearest clothing shopping mall to our house and it's Hazel's favourite mall". Michelle says with a lot of confidence. "Oh, okay. Drop your phone number so we'll be able to reach you if we find anything or need  information from you. You'll also need to drop the details of the person you are looking for" "okay sir", she replies and immediately reaches for her bag, opens it, brings out a small joy note and a pen, writes some of Hazel's details on it as well as her number and Emily's.
After writing, she detaches the paper and hands it over to the police officer. "Okay, don't worry", he says, going through what was written on the paper, " We will start our investigation right away and I will make sure I call you when there's anything, " he said, assuring Michelle and Emily that he will help them find their friend. "Okay sir, thank you so much, I'll be expecting your phone call". Michelle replies and leaves with Emily.
Outside the police station, Michelle blames herself for everything that happened. "If I had known, I would have followed her when she insisted", she laments, crying. "I should have followed her, I'm such a bitch", she says, crying more. "It's okay, Michelle, this is not the time for blaming ourselves, we just have to be hopeful that she is well and not in any kind of danger". Emily consoles her, supports an emotional Michelle to the car and they drive home.
     Back at Xavier's villa, he walks into Hazel's room to confront her about not eating the night before. "I was told you did not eat yesterday, why? He asks in a demanding manner. "Do you expect me to eat food given to me by my kidnapper's cook? Are you joking?" she scoffs. "You lock me here and expect me to eat", she continues, "if you are in this state, would you gladly eat whatever your so -  called kidnapper prepares for you to eat?" she yells.
"Situation?" Xavier said. "And what sort of situation are you in? He asked again, "you are so lucky I didn't gag you, tie you to a chair and put you in the basement, I even offered you good food and you are here putting up a show", he said, also yelling and apparently annoyed. "Yes, I kidnapped you, but I want you to be clear about something, I kidnapped you for your own good, I'm only trying to protect you", he finally says, calmly. "Protect me?"she yells "what kind of protection is this? The last time I checked we were strangers to each other and I never pleaded for your protection nor pleaded that you be my shield, just set me free and let me go! This is not a place I want to be", she says literary screaming on top of her lungs. "Moreover," she continues, "why do you think I need your protection? and how the hell is this not kidnapping? You have to explain it to me", she demanded.
Ignoring the question she asked, "all I know is that you eat and take good care of yourself", he says, walks out and slams the door. "How do you expect me to trust you?!, How sure am I that I'm not going to go through more pain with you?" She crashed on the bed and started crying.
  Two hours later, Hazel is still crying, Xavier, feeling guilty, enters the room and consoles her saying "I know it really hurts staying with someone you barely know, but trust me, I'm ready to protect you, to take care of you. I'm not keeping you because of the fortunes you'll bring, I'm just trying to fulfil my father's last wish. "I will ignore all what you said earlier and assume it was never said, I will also give you two days to decide if you want to stay or go. At least, I know I've tried my best to help you. I'm okay with whatever decisions you make". he says and leaves the room, leaving Hazel with a lot to think about.