6

Michelle's POV

I had just finished my breakfast when I received a call from Emily. "Hello, good morning", she greeted. "Good morning, how was your night?" I replied. "It was fine, how are you doing?" she asked, "great", I responded.

"What happened between you and Mason?"she asked, gently. "Why, did he call?" I asked, inquisitively. "Just answer my question", she replied, demandingly. "It's just a little misunderstanding", I said calmly.
"Really?!" A little misunderstanding? What caused that little misunderstanding?" She asked. "He wanted me to attend his match, but I couldn't so I told him I would be there.
"And why couldn't you be there, it's Hazel right? Michelle", she said calmly.

"I know you feel you've lost Hazel, I know how important she is to you. I'm very aware but we both know she's doing well and okay and nothing is wrong with her for now. Don't because you think you have lost her, lose Mason too. He's your boyfriend", she said and made a pause before she continued.
"For the fact that Hazel is not here, doesn't mean you shouldn't give your boyfriend the attention he deserves. Yesterday was his last match which meant a lot to him, but you, his girlfriend, were not there to cheer him up, and you are very aware of how much cheering him up means to him", she said.

In the middle of everything she said, I had already bursted into tears and was crying, I replied "and who said I didn't go for the match? I was there, I had gone to surprise him and apologise, but I left because of what I saw", I said.
  "What did you see?", she asked curiously. "I saw my so - called boyfriend with another lady, cuddling and kissing each other after his match. He even had the guts to carry her to his friends and they were all chanting 'latest couple in town' for them.

I felt so embarrassed and I just left there crying. I thought, did he leave me just because of a day's argument? I couldn't sleep at all. And yet you expect me to answer when he called?" I asked in the middle of serious tears.

"Michelle, calm down. Are you sure of all this that you just told me?" she asked, sounding surprised. "Yes, I am, If not, will I tell you?" I replied. "Okay, calm down. I will call him back now and explain everything to him, but first make sure you calm down", she said, trying to appease me. "Okay", I replied, she ended the call, then I went straight to my room, crashed myself on bed and cried.

As Emily dropped off the phone call with Michelle, she dialled Mason's phone number. "Hello!", she greeted angrily. "Hello, what's up?" He replied.
"I'm not fine. I just finished discussing with Michelle on your behalf as you had asked me to and now, I'm hearing a new story ", she replied, very angry.
"What new story? What did she say?" he asked her.
"Who was that girl with you yesterday?" Emily asked him. "Girl? Which girl?" he asked, feigning ignorance. "Don't act dumb with me, Mason. Who was that girl you were cuddling and kissing all through the night, yesterday? You have to tell me the truth ". She said, demandingly.

"Well.... There's a new girl and obviously, my new girlfriend", he replied sharply. "Really? You must be joking?" Emily exclaimed.
"No, I'm not, I'm damn serious. I have a third girl now", he said authoritatively.

"No, this can't be true. You promised me when we were about to start dating that you won't date someone else. You said you already had Michelle and you won't take anyone else. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?" she asked in tears.
Chuckling, he replied, "you, Emily should be the one ashamed of yourself. You date your friend's boyfriend, knowing fully well of our relationship. You betrayed her, now it's your turn to be ditched", he said unapologetically.
"We all know that I knew you first, way before Michelle even heard about you", Emily replied, still crying. "I don't give a fuck about that. I fell in love with her first, You were just a toy, baby girl. Deal with it!" he said sharply.

"Mason, where are you?" she asked demandingly. "I'm home, why?" He replied. "I'm coming to you now, we've got to clear up this mess and you have to dump that trash you call a girlfriend", she said. "There's absolutely nothing to clear and you are in no place to tell me who to date or when to fucking break up with my girlfriend!" he said, yelling and he hung up the call.
"I'm coming to your house whether you like it or not ", she said to herself, putting her phone into her purse.

She left the house angrily, locked the door, headed towards the car and started the engine. Immediately, she started the engine, her phone rang,"who the heck is calling me at this moment?" she lamented, She took her phone to check the caller's Id.
"Michelle?!" she exclaimed. She then picked up the call, "hey girl, have you called him, what did he say about the girl? Michelle said immediately Emily picked up the call.

"Hmmh......", Emily tried to talk, but Michelle cuts in, "anyway, he sent me a text message that I should come to his house and I'm on my way now", Michelle added. "No, don't go, go back home", Emily instructed her. "Why?". Michelle asked, "just go back. I will tell you later. It's for your own good, please go back home". Emily said and hung the call. Michelle soliloquies, "what's going on? Should I go back?"