3

Michelle is in her living room when she receives a phone call. The caller happened to be the investigator that had helped to approve her complaint about Hazel's disappearance. "Good day, is this miss Michelle?" "Good day, yes this is Michelle and who is this?" "I'm calling from the police department, you and your friend came here on Monday to complain about your missing friend", the investigator said. "Oh, yes, any news? Did you find her?" Michelle asked anxiously waiting for a good reply. "Sorry to say" the investigator said, "not really, we have not found information about her whereabouts but we are working on it. I just wanted to call you to give you an update", he said. " okay", she said, disappointed. "What is the update?" she asked. "From our investigation, we found out that the boutique was attacked by some people who we don't know yet and it was said that the attackers went for the owner of the boutique", the investigator said. "So, what are you suggesting sir?" "I'm not suggesting anything ma'am, We can't come to a conclusion now, the investigation is still going on. I will call you when there's anything else, " he said. "Okay sir, thank you so much", she replied and ended the call.
  The two days that Xavier gave Hazel to think is due. Xavier enters her room to get her reply. "Good morning ", Hazel greets. Xavier nods his head in reply and takes some steps towards her. "I hope you have made your decision, I'm here to hear you". "I", Hazel pauses, "I've decided to stay". Immediately, Xavier's eyes brightened with a slight touch of joy in his face. "I'm sorry for behaving rudely before, but you won't expect me to just comply to everything you say when you literary kidnapped me", she says, calmly. "If I may ask, how long will I stay here?" "I can't say for now, but at least you'll spend some months", he replied. "Months?!" Hazel responded, surprised. "Why would I spend months here?" she asked, confused. "Maybe two months, right?" she added, not waiting for Xavier to reply. "No" he says, sharply, "you'll spend like five or six months" he said. "What?!" Hazel exclaimed. "Why will I stay for that long? What will happen to my education, to my friends and family. They will be worried about me", she shouted. "So you care about your family now, if you go out there, I bet you will not last a day before someone else kidnaps you", Xavier yelled. "I just want peace", she said and started crying, "why do I have to be the one? I want to go back to my old life and not be trapped in an unknown place". "Do you think I'm happy keeping you here? Xavier yelled. "It's a burden for me as well. Do you know how dangerous it is for me? But yet, I still chose to keep you, protect you and shield you from the monsters out there" he paused and sighed "fine, if you want to leave, feel free to" he said, left the room and slammed the door. Immediately after he left, Hazel crashed herself into the bed and started crying.
Very early the next morning, Hazel headed to Xavier's room, She had no idea which room was his and then asked a maid for directions. She got the descriptions and then knocked. "Who's there?" He asked. "It's me, Hazel" she replied. "Oh, okay", then he opened the door for her to enter.
The room was captivating to the human eyes. It was painted white throughout, but all the equipment, including the bed were black in color, the doors, tables, lamps, bed, mirror stand, the welcome mats, even  his laptop, phone, clothes. His clothes were mostly black and few were white.
The mural painting on the wall was also black in color. "Hmghh" Xavier clears his throat to draw back Hazel's attention, "what do you want? You have been standing here for some minutes without saying anything", he concluded. "I want to stay", Hazel says. "Huh", "I will stay and I promise to follow your instructions", she said and he replied, nodding his head.
"I have a question", Hazel asked "what is it?" He replied " what about my education?" she asked him. "Since you're so concerned about your education, I have already employed some lecturers to take you your important courses of study such as literature, Mathematics, English and Economics. These lectures will be your perfect teacher. "Are you okay with that?" He asks. "Yes, I am, thank you", she said. "Yh" was all he said to reply her.
"Please I have one more request", she said in a pleading tone. "Go ahead", he responded. "Can I get a cellphone, I want to use it to call my friend so she'll know I'm okay and she won't worry". She replied calmly. "Okay, I will have one of my maids to bring it for you". "Thank you so much", Hazel responded

Some minutes later, a maid entered with a telephone in her hands. "Here is the phone ma'am". "Ohh, thanks", Hazel responded and she took the phone and dismissed the maid.
She immediately typed Michelle's number on the telephone off pat. She dialled her number and calls: "hello", Hazel says, "hello, please who's this?" Michelle replied. "This is Hazel". "Hazel?!" Michelle exclaimed. "Hazel, where are you? Where have you been? How are you? She asked quickly. "Calm down, calm down, it's nothing to worry about, I'm sorry I couldn't reach you. It's a long story", Hazel replied. "Long story?" She asked. "Well, shorten it, I'm all ears". Pauses for a second, "do you realize that we were all worried about you, Emily even suggested that I call mum and dad,  but I did not because it could make them worried. I believed you were okay and would always comeback.
"I was waiting for the police investigation before I called them". Michelle said. "Thank goodness you didn't contact them. I'm okay here.
  I have something to tell you, I won't be able or you probably won't see me for five or six months. "What?!" Michelle exclaimed again. "What do you mean five or six months? Are you drunk?" She shouted through the phone. "Michelle calm down, let me explain myself". She said this and paused, thinking Michelle would give her a go ahead for her to explain herself, but since she did not get it, she continued; "I will be here for a purpose and, apparently, it is essential for my  life and yours too". Hazel explained. "What? What kind of purpose is that? I'm calling the police right away, send me your location". Michelle says with an authoritative tone. You have to calm down Michelle, I really need to be in hiding, my life is in a lot of danger right now and it's dangerous to be alone, Hazel further explained. "Danger? What danger?" Michelle asked, trying to calm down.
"I myself do not know yet, but the man I am with knows about it and apparently knows me more than I know myself and I seem to trust him more now?" Hazel responded. "What man?! Hazel, you trust a man now? Wasn't he the one that kidnapped you and now you trust him? Hazel, you have to tell me what happened exactly and what's going on!" she exclaimed really hard. "Michelle, I'm telling the truth, it probably has to do with my childhood or even before I was given birth to, maybe my actual parents, but I sincerely trust him, he seems sincere in wanting to help me". She gave her assumptions.
"You know you can always count on me?" Michelle asked and Hazel answered with a "yes". "I'm aware of that", Hazel answered. "Finally, don't trust your man too much. You don't know exactly who he is yet, so don't put too much trust in him. I love you and you will always be on my mind, don't forget that". Michelle said, calmly. "I love you too and you should also take good care of yourself. Don't tell mom and dad, they'll be worried and don't forget to withdraw the complaint from the police. I'm not in any kind of danger yet". Hazel said. "Okay, I understand, I will do just that". Michelle replied. "Yes, okay, goodbye, I love you, talk to you soon", Hazel said. "Bye" Michelle said and ended the call.