24

Birthdays for Jisoo were once the most pleasant and joyful moments in her life. After all, it is so pleasant when you are given gifts, many different sweets, family gatherings, a table piled high with food, going to the cinema with friends, parties, growing up, happiness and rejoicing and many more amazing things.

But it seems that the older you get, the more indifferent this day becomes. Personally, this is so for her, she did not know how it happened for others. Probably someone at her age still loved birthdays, maybe even started loving them more than before.

But for her, this is a completely ordinary day, no different from the others. Days like New Year, Christmas, she is happy only on these days for the reason that these are days off in the calendar, besides the birthday, of course. Although she had no doubt that someone was using his or someone else's birthday as an excuse not to go to school or work.

She doesn't condemn these people, she doesn't care at all, she is just sure that there are such people, without a doubt. Who doesn't like weekends?

Jisoo always asked her grandmother, sister, brother and mother not to give her anything, because she didn't need anything and she had everything she needed. She felt a sense of duty when she received some gifts, considered them undeserved, simple congratulations were enough for her, nothing more.

However, last New year was the worst, really lousy. It was dull and boring, she absolutely didn't want to do anything. On New Year's Eve, she only wanted the mood to be normal, but as luck would have it, it was shitty. If the mood had a smell, it would smell exactly the same.

After returning home, she spent the next few days attending traineeship and returning home. To loud old music with a saxophone, not to the extent that the neighbors complained, she put her apartment in order. She had a ticklish desire to find cleanliness wherever she saw dirt. Nevertheless, cleaning in any case calmed her down and distracted her from all sorts of bad thoughts.

The little new thing in the apartment was also something of a self-cleaning, so to speak. By twelve o'clock, she woke up, had a leisurely breakfast and went shopping, although in fact it was not her favorite activity, although everything depended on her mood. In order not to look at the empty refrigerator, the last thing she did was go to the grocery store.

But before all this, she walked around the home improvement store, bought a soft bath mat and a fluffy toilet mat, it was so soft that it could be ironed forever. Later, she went to another store, bought washing powder, several packages of soap and other things.

It wasn't until she returned from the grocery store with her old stuffed backpack that she was exhausted.

She was really exhausted, and once again she had to struggle with shortness of breath, which made her very dizzy, and she had to drop all her bags and fall on the sofa. It really helped, and if it didn't help now, or if she lost consciousness, then, anyway, she was lying and wouldn't have fallen somewhere. Looking for pros and cons? Why not?

When she came to, she changed into her home clothes and washed her face with warm water. All the products were laid out and the mats were spread out. Two bags of trash and junk were in the hallway by the front door. The music was floating around the apartment, creating a more lively atmosphere.

The sound of a hammer cut through the jazz music when Jisoo decided to strengthen the legs of the kitchen table, because it began to sway quite a lot, and this somewhat encouraged her. She tried to knock as quietly as possible because she didn't like to make noise, you never know if any of her neighbors are sleeping or something like that.

She couldn't have done much more today than she wanted to, but it was better than nothing.

She drove a nail into each of the legs and finished everything for today with a victorious smile on her face, she hardly has enough strength for anything else. Maybe only a little later. All she had to do was take out the trash.