Chapter 1

Sophie's P.O.V

"Ugh!!!!!!," I groaned, getting up to see who was hailing me at this time of the night. As I looked at the imparter it said "Magnate Leto". I picked up the hail to see how much he had changed since we had defeated the Neverseen about a year ago.

"Miss Foster, I am terribly sorry for a hail this late but we got your message that implied that it had to be urgent. I need your confirmation to tell your friends that you are going on a secret 'mission' and won't be returning for a few months", Mr. Forkle/Magnate Leto explained even though I already knew all of this.

My plan was to have my friends think that I had left on a secret "mission". But the truth was that I would be changing my appearance and testing my friends to see if they were loyal. It might also be that I had been hearing some rumors about them not being my real friends and just using me. I knew those rumors were fake but still it wouldn't hurt to make sure, right? It was also that Stina was now part of our friend group and I don't know how much I trust her and to make sure she is not snitching all of our secrets behind our backs. This was the only way to make sure even though I felt just a little guilty about it.

"Please tell them to come to Havenfield tomorrow so I can say goodbye. Also when will I be getting the elixirs for the appearance change?"

Mr. Forkle then told me that I would be getting them the next day and I should get some sleep. And that's what I did.

(Mini Time Skip to next morning)

3rd Person P.O.V

"I feel like I barely slept last night", Sophie groaned, getting out of bed.

Suddenly, the door opened to reveal Edaline with a bunch of elixirs in her hands. 

"Well here you go. These are the ones you will be taking right now but wait for a second while I call Grady. GRADY!!!" Sometimes, Sophie wondered how her sweet, gentle mother could scream so loud. Sophie suppressed her giggles as Grady burst into the room, holding a melder.

"What's wrong? Are the Neverseen back? Are you hurt? Are you-" Grady finally looks around and sees Sophie and Edaline trying not to laugh.

"Very funny" Grady said, giving us both looks before putting the melder on the floor. "Now what did you need me for exactly?" He asked.

"Mom came up here with the elixirs for my appearance and now I am having second thoughts about betraying my friends like this" Sophie said, trying not to look and laugh at Grady when he had that look on his face.

"I was in Verdi's pastures when I heard the scream. I thought something bad happened since Eda rarely ever screams like that. I run inside, stopping only to pick a melder and enter the room to see both of you laughing...wow, just wow" Grady summarizes what happened to him, incredulously.

"Well... we did need help so...."Edaline started, chuckling nervously.

"Fine. Let's get this over with. I have work to do, people!" Grady said, sighing. "Now, what did you need help with again? Oh yeah, the 'mission'. Now Soph, listen to your heart. You have nothing to be worried about. If you think that this is a good decision for you, then do it. Me and your Mom will always support you in your decisions even if they are reckless sometimes!" Grady said, moving towards the door in the process. "And Goodbye!" He ran down the stairs in a hurry as if something was running after him. Sophie and Edaline looked at each other then burst out laughing.

"Are you okay now?" Edaline asked Sophie once they had stopped laughing.

"Yeah I think that speech and that laugh afterwards helped relax me I guess."