Chapter 8

I woke up in the same room as before only this time, I could hear commotion outside. I heard a voice yelling, "Where is she?". I recognize it to be Biana. Just then Gethen burst inside the room, a nervous wreck.

"We have to go! We'll send some people tonight to your room behind the closet to send your cloak and other things you will need. Here, put this cloth over your face because we need you to be passed out. I will also put a few cuts on your skin to make it seem like we had interrogated you and you refused to answer. Oh, and also switch back into Zaina" Gethen said, quickly. After reversing back into Zaina, he hands me a cloth. Warily, I lift it to my mouth and inhale deeply. Then I fell into Gethen's arms.

I wake up to find Elwin looking at me with a relieved smile. He helped me into a sitting position and asked me something but my mind was too hazy to comprehend. He then opened the door, and inside rushed so many people that I got a headache just looking at them. The next 10 seconds went like this. They bombarded me with questions, I pretended to faint, and after Elwin saw he pushed everyone out of the room, I then opened my eyes again with a small grin. Elwin turned around to look at me with a frown.

"Why did you do that?" He asks, trying to sound mad at her but a smile crept up his face. I giggled, before responding, "I just had to. They were annoying me so much that it gave me a headache. Besides, you wouldn't want that now would you?" I ask Elwin, smiling cheesily.

He just sighs and shakes his head in amusement. He walks into his office. A second later, I hear a voice in my head. I jump up in surprise but manage to keep it as silent as possible. I open my mind as I realize that it was Gethen's voice.

(Gethen's Transmissions/Sophie's Transmissions)

Sophie? Sophie? Soph-

What is it? I'm at Elwins right now and they could have realized someone was speaking to me!

Well, I didn't know you could get this feisty! Anyways, you have to convince everyone that you are fine, and ready to go back home. Your stuff will be sent at midnight, sharp. Don't be late. Wait, never mind get ready!!!!!!

Then he cut off the connection. I sighed in frustration. What was going on?? Ugh!!! Gethen was so annoying! Okay, time to stop overthinking. Hold up! Did he say-

I heard banging. Loud ones. Then a crash. Elwin came running out of his office and looked around wildly.

"What's going on? Are you okay???" He managed to say, breathing heavily. I nod shakily. I think this is what Gethen meant by get ready. I internally grinned happily, knowing that the Neverseen could do anything they wanted. The door almost broke off the hinges by how much force was used and then I see Fitz rush in and grab me by my wrist and force me to stand up. I feel a little dizzy from the quick and forceful action. I try to release his grip on me but it just makes it tighter. I wince as I feel his nails dig in. Fitz doesn't realize this as he drags me out of the room. 

As soon as we get out, I inflict on him a little, for him to release my hind from that death grip. He hunches over, and I take off down the hall. I turn a corner and find myself surrounded by a forcefield. I didn't know if it was Maruca or Ruy. Either way, I saw all my friends and the entire Collective freeze as they saw me trapped inside. I see Gethen, Ruy, Alvar, Vespera, Lady Gisela, Pixel and two others that I didn't know of because they had their hoods on, covering their faces. I focused my attention towards Lady Gisela as she started speaking.

"Wow! This has been a lovely time spent with you all and I really wish we could stay together and talk but our job here is done. This was all a distraction while someone got back. Someone you all cherish in your hearts deeply. You can thank us for that. This was thank you for everything that you have done for us. Now goodbye!" With that everyone lifted a crystal to the light and vanished. Before they left, I heard Gethen's voice in my head saying, Calla's back.

Author Note: Sorry for this evil cliff hanger. I just love to leave people on cliff hangers when it's nearing the good parts. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed because I am about to put in a bunch more plot-twists throughout the duration of this story. If you have suggestions, then you can comment them for future chapters. Thanks 

Word Count (including author note and this): 830