Chapter 12

Everglen: 3rd Person P.O.V (During the scene at Candelshade and Havenfield)

BANG!

The loud noise awoke the four people sleeping in the house. All looked at each other and ran out the bedroom door. Right outside the door, a cream and gold colored paper sat. The older man picked up the paper and started reading its contents.

Dear Vackers,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am sorry to tell you this but I am not coming back. Some realization has happened to me. You might never see me again. Or maybe you will. It has not been decided yet. I am sorry.

Signed Sophie Foster

Blinking back tears and looking confused, all look at each other.

"Does this mean we aren't cognates anymore? Since she didn't tell me...?" Fitz asked, looking devastated. Even though the urge to groan and yell at the boy was great for all three, they just took one look at him and couldn't do it. He looked like a lost little boy who had just lost something precious to him. To tell the truth, they all had. Even though they had denied her information she had been deeply wondering about most of her life in the Elvin World, they thought they did it for her safety. Biana hugged her brother tightly, whispering about a lost best friend, letting out tears. The small family walked back to their bedrooms, hoping that this was all a bad dream.

Author Note: This is another filler chapter. For now, I am just going to write another chapter containing the Dizznee's reaction. I am not sure if I want Mr. Forkle or the Collective to recieve a letter. I have a different idea for that one part. I know that Juline is part of the Dizznee family, but I think I am going to have just Dex read the letter with a special someone. If you have any suggestions, I am up to it. Thank you 

Word Count (including author note and this): 332