Jealousy

Dean was jealous. He knew he shouldn't be but he just couldn't help it. He shouldn't even be allowed to feel that way. They weren't even together or something.

But Castiel was making it so hard for him not to feel jealous. The way he talked to the girls in the home, the way he flirted with some of the guys. Sometimes it even lead to Dean being ignored while Cas was on a date or in his room probably fucking one of those guys.

And Dean wished he could take their place. He wished he could actually kiss his angel. He wished he could go on dates, wished he could finally find his perfect match. But it wouldn't be. They wouldn't get together, it would be too much to ask for. Dean and Castiel would be friends forever.

It wasn't like Dean wasn't thankful to be Castiel's friend, he was happier than ever before because he finally had a friend, a best friend even. Still he had started falling for his best friend – totally cliché and like in a chick flick which Dean totally hated. But with Cas it felt right to act that way, it felt right to be cliché.

What Dean didn't know was that Cas felt in a similar way. He was definitely attracted to his new friend but he was denying it, wouldn't even admit it to himself that he felt more than just friendship for his friend. He was aware of his sexuality and he knew everybody he liked accepted him, including Dean, but he never had felt like that and it scared him.

Castiel Novak wasn't one for feelings, he was someone who you only would get a short flirt with. He didn't do relationships, he knew he would just mess it up and hurt his partner. He only had felt like that once – it ended up with him being heartbroken and the girl fucking his best friend. He had been heartbroken back then and promised to never let anyone play with his feelings like that again – well, now it looked like he had to break his promise.

But Castiel wouldn't break that promise, he knew he would just break Dean even more when they would get together, so he just started hooking up with more people than ever before and practically stayed away from Dean. He could only guess by the sad glances that it was hurting Dean, exactly the opposite of what he was intending to do, but it would be better that way, wouldn't it?

Sam though, who was somehow standing between those two guys, became sadder and sadder with everyday he had to watch those two break because they wouldn't just suck it up and confess their feelings. He didn't know which side he should take, didn't know whom to choose – both had their points.

Dean on the one hand was innocent – he hadn't done anything wrong to be ignored like that. But Sam's older brother could also grow some balls and make the first step. Of course, Dean had a hard past behind him, one that made him almost unable to trust anyone besides his brother, but Castiel had shown that he would always be there for his friend.

But on the other hand there was Castiel. Sam didn't understand why he was doing such things to his big brother but he somehow understood the black-haired, too. Castiel probably had the same fear as Dean – to be hurt and then left again.

Sam wanted to help those two, he wanted to see them happy again. He had never seen his brother as happy as he was with Cas before and Cas looked happier too. Since happiness was a rare feeling both of the Winchesters had felt before they held tighter onto it than anything else. In a world where the colour grey was common and you rarely could find another colour, that happiness was like a rainbow – one that never failed to show. Of course, you couldn't make that rainbow stay by just holding onto it, you had to work that it stayed. You had to make it rain but then again the sun would shine and the rainbow would appear again.

In this case, the rain stood for all those bad times that had been: the times of abuse, neglect, hate, fear. It had been long twelve years for the Winchesters, especially for Dean because he was older and he remembered everything that had happened. Sam was better off because he couldn't remember all of their past but seeing Dean so desperately trying to please their father or to get just one gentle word were difficult to forget, especially because Dean would never do that to any other person than their father.

*~*

He hated her. No – he absolutely despised her. Why was she talking to Dean? Why did he look so much happier when talking to her? Like, she wasn't even that pretty – at least in Castiel's opinion. Everybody else thought that girl was some kind of superstar, they always did everything for her.

Even Dean seemed to have fallen for her spell. Castiel couldn't understand that change of mind, before Dean had took a liking in Lisa she had been nothing but thin air to him – but suddenly the blonde started hanging out with that girl and practically ignored his best friend.

All Cas wanted to do was to tear that girl (who was practically a slut and didn't deserve to even breathe the same air as Dean) and his best friend apart but Dean seemed content when he was talking to Lisa and he even smiled sometimes. Castiel could be jealous but he would always want the best for his best friend.

He knew he only was putting his best friend's needs before his own, just like Dean would usually do the other way round. And he thought that his friend's needs were more important, his friend's happiness more fundamental. It wasn't a good way they were taking, each one in their own pace, and it would only lead to destruction if they didn't stop walking that path.

*~*

"The fuck are you doing, Lisa?!" Castiel shouted, walking across the room quickly. He tried to tell himself that his eyes were fooling him, that this wasn't really happening but he knew it was. He knew that slut was straddling Dean, trying to kiss him, making him feel uncomfortable. The poor lad was squirming and whimpering because he was afraid and didn't like what Lisa was doing, not at all.

Lisa, who didn't like being interrupted from her current task, looked up and sent Castiel an annoyed glare. "The hell do you want? It is non of your business, so please let me and Dean continue where you were so rude to interrupt." She said and smiled sweetly, almost making the black-haired gag and turn away.

But the look on Dean's face made him stay right where he was. Dean was too precious, he shouldn't be pressured into anything. Especially when that poor guy was already on the verge of tears.

"Oh, it's my business, Lisa. Dean is my best friend and who would I be to let my best friend suffer because of some stupid slut that can't take a no?" Castiel asked friendly and tore her away from Dean who instantly sprinted upstairs to his room. Cas sighed shortly, sent one last hard glare to Lisa and then quickly followed his best friend, hoping that he was alright.

_____________________________________

A/N: Wattpad needs to stop messing up my layout -__-

And the video is the trailer I made for this fanfiction ^__^

Oh, and if you are on my youtube channel, you can also check out my #DareToBeYou video :3 (self promo, fuck yeah)

And, while we are at self promoting, I posted a new phanfic! Go check it out if you have time ^_^

Anyways, stay awesome <3