Chapter 15

Dean was downright shocked when he felt his best friends lips on his own. He couldn't process anything any more, just felt how sparks were flying, how he suddenly didn't think of Bobby and the news his uncle had told him, that he should be scared – he only felt weightless. And maybe, yes maybe, that was just enough.

But as quickly as it had started the kiss ended again – much to Dean's disappointment. He had enjoyed the feeling of Castiel's chapped lips on his own, how he felt surrounded by Cas's comforting warmth.

But somehow he felt like this was just a one time thing, that it wouldn't happen ever again. He knew that he wouldn't be allowed to stay in the same foster home as Cas or Sam and even if he was allowed to by whatever miracle, Cas would probably stay as far as possible away – why should he want to be seen with the kid that attempted suicide anyways?

Dean was pulled of his thoughts as Cas placed his hand on his cheek and started stroking it lightly with his thumb. "You can't imagine for how long I've wanted to do this..." the black-haired whispered softly, not once taking his eyes off of Dean.

Dean blushed softly and lowered his gaze, not knowing what to say but Cas seemed to know that Dean was lost for words and just continued talking, knowing Dean well enough to know that he would speak as soon as he was ready to.

"I.. I really wanted to tell you this a long time ago but I've never actually found the guts to.. I would have told you maybe one or two weeks after you attempted, maybe even never but then.. You attempted and made me realize that our lives were way too short to wait for a miracle to happen and so... Dean, I've been having a crush on you ever since I first saw you and it only got stronger with every single second we spent together. I can't think of a life without you any more, you are the most important person in my life and believe me, nothing makes me happier than to see you smile because then I know I made you forget about your past... I can't express how much that actually means to me, that you decided that I am trustworthy enough for you to let me in but I will thank that force or whatever it was because thanks to it I met the most amazing person I have ever met and I know that nobody in my future will ever get a place close to yours."

Dean stared at Cas in awe, not able to think of anything remotely as beautiful as what Cas had said. But when he processed the words completely he couldn't help but blush. Nobody had ever said anything remotely nice and loving to him, it always had been the harshness. For once though he believed those words, believed those compliments and let them distract him from overthinking or thinking back to his past – just because Cas had sounded so sincere.

"Cas, I-I don't know how I should answer that.. I-" he started, already feeling awkward and like he was annoying Cas but his best friend just smiled and shook his head. "I know, Dean, you don't even have to answer, just... Would you give me the honour of taking you out when you're out of here?" the black-haired asked nervously, fiddling with his hands and biting his bottom lip which Dean had to admit looked quite hot.

Dean was also quite surprised at how flustered Castiel looked, like it took a lot of his courage and was actually afraid of getting a no – as if that would ever happen. Dean considered himself lucky because his crush was his best friend but Cas also having a crush on him made his day brighten up considerably.

And so he nodded, smiling happily. "It will be a pleasure."

*~*

"What do you mean? I-I have to go into a mental ward? I'm not that messed up, I am over killing myself!" Dean shouted, his fists clenched as well as his jaw. He tried to let the angry, stubborn guy show but on the inside he was scared, shaking and screaming for someone to tell him that this wasn't true, that this was just a horrible joke.