Enigma

George was the first to enter the studio the next morning, but Ringo wasn't too late. They were puzzled by how John and Paul were missing.
After a few moments of waiting, George finally spoke.
"If we're the only ones here, should we just work on something I've written? Unless you've also got a song," George suggested.
Just before Ringo could even speak, there was a knock on the studio's door. George walked over to it, intrigued.
"John and Paul are dead," the "new" arrival spoke. It was Billy, the same person who John had previously encountered.
Those were the only words that George heard by him, before Billy quickly strode back to his car.
"Wait—" George was cut off by Billy driving away in a seemingly unconcerned manner. George's heart quickened. They'd truly have to deal with the loss of the band's two main leaders. George stood in shock, not a single comprehensible thought appearing in his mind. He turned around and went back into the studio, dazed.
"So, what happened out there?" Ringo asked with an innocence that seemed genuinely unfitting. George's head was empty, he had nothing to say. He put his hand to his mouth, curling his fingers at his lips as he moved to the other side of the room shaking his head.
"Where're John and Paul?" Ringo's voice almost rang out in the air, to George's perception. He didn't want it all to be true. George took a deep breath, trying to compose himself but he couldn't fully do that. He felt as if he were stranded.
George turned back around.
"I don't think they're coming back."
Ringo's mouth slightly opened in disbelief, which was fair.
It wasn't as if an occurrence like this was ever truly expected.
"So, what are we supposed to do now? How do you know that they're dead?" Ringo inquired.
"I'm not totally sure, but we can only hope that everything will be fine."
"Shouldn't you tell Brian about this? Couldn't he try to do something?" Ringo spilled out, caught up in the moment.
"I don't want to focus on this anymore. I don't think that we should record anything today. Goodbye, Ringo. I'm so sorry," George replied, stammering a few times. He wanted it all to just be a dream or something like that. He didn't want to deal with a circumstance like this.
"Bye, George."
George stepped out of the studio, overwhelmed with emotion as he brought himself into his car.
He also didn't want to leave Ringo by himself in the studio. George felt too bad to have to deal with guilt.
He hurried back in.
"Hey, Ringo. Would you like to come to my house to work everything out?"
"Sure."