Tense

John had driven himself into a wooded area that day to attempt to clear his mind. He was much too stressed.
This happened after he had tried to make a small use of his phone.
The only person who could help him out of this situation was Paul, but accessing him was not the most possible now. He was part of the reason why John was angered.
He had to do something about this. Paul was most likely still alive, maybe not in the best state, though.
John was going to track down Billy. It was something that he had to do.
He took a few breaths before he set out of the forest, motivated by practically every emotion.
John picked up his pace to a sprint, his eyes alert. His car, which he had used to get to the forest, wasn't too far away. John was quite thankful for it, as the vehicle was most efficient.
John thought that Billy would be in a populated area in an attempt to blend in. That area wasn't out of reach at all.
Billy would've probably been in a bar somewhere, taking out all of the remnants of guilt that he had stored mentally because of how he committed a serious crime.
Of course, that's where John went. It seemed to be quite the busy place, too.
John sucked in a breath of anticipation as he headed inside. Sure, it was three in the afternoon, but Billy's presence was somewhat likely.
John seated himself towards the right of the bar's counter. He felt as if he was being stared at by someone, but couldn't actually find anyone who was.
John played it off as being hyper-alert of his surroundings. He was trying to find a person who could be anywhere.
He was lost in thought, until the bartender spoke to him.
"The man to the far right wanted to buy a drink for you."
A glass was slid into John's reach. He looked over, frowning.
A surge of adrenaline and fury surged through him. Sure, he was looking for the exact man, but he had been fully caught off-guard.
John hissed out something incomprehensible and angrily made his way to Billy, pulling his shoulder and dragging him outside.
"What do you think you're doing? Are you trying to act all normal when you are absolutely not? Where's Paul, anyway?" John yelled in a furious, rambling manner. Billy kept an amused look.
"I can't tell you th—"
"Yes, you will! You are going to tell me. Now," John shook Billy's shoulders, his breathing heavy.
"Do you know why and how I'm much more powerful than you?" Billy finally asked, smirking.
"Don't start lying, then, you bleedin' rat!"
"I'll tell you one thing, you don't want to see my pockets."
"What's in them? What could you possibly have?" John urged.
"Chloroform and other objects of that sort."
"You've drugged Paul?" John gasped.
"What else would it be for?"