Chapter 3: ZAP!

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

I watched from the shadows as the Team took out Clayface. I watched as Traci Thirteen kissed Jaime on the cheek. I looked away. This had to be the hundredth time I've been in the manifestation chair. Then the ground broke away and I was back in the room. "Why are you doing this?" I asked Rebecca as she stood by the door. "So you can have your last days in peace." She replied. My head snapped up. "Excuse me?" I said as the guard unstrapped me from the chair. "You heard me. I'm going to erase all your memories. Every single one." She said as the guard put the restrictors on me. "What?" I asked, very quietly.

"This way, when you become the first Crimson Agent, you won't remember anything. You won't hesitate to kill, because you won't have emotions for people. So you better thank me, that I'm showing you this." She explained, and I felt the color drain out of my face. "Now take her back to Cell Block One, she'll spend the last few days alone." Rebecca said. "N-No, you can't." I said as the guard dragged me away, down the opposite way we usually go. "Oh, but I can. See you in a few days, little sister." Rebecca said as she walked down the opposite end of the hall.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Today was it. I was going to lose all my memories. But even if I did go back to Earth, Bart and Gar would probably throw a Ouija Board at my face along with a deck of Tarot Cards, and maybe a Cross while they were at it. I looked at the rats that had become my friends. This really was depressing, but then again, there was nothing else in good old Cell Block One. I petted each of their heads. Dick. Wally. Artemis. M'gann. Connor. Kaldur. Tim. Cassie. Babs. Karen. Gar. Mal. Bart. I think I might've accidentally pet Kaldur twice, oh well. Not like I was gonna remember.

Finally, the last rat. I swear to God, I've never seen a rat with blue eyes. Then this rat came along. So I obviously named him Jaime. I held out my hands, and Rat Jaime and Rat Bart climbed into them. "I still don't understand how you guys got to an alien planet thing. You're rats." I said to them, quietly. They didn't say anything back, they just stared. What was I expecting them to do? I don't know. The cell door then began to unlock, and the rats scurried away. I looked down at Jaime and Bart one last time before I put them down, letting them scurry away with the rest of the group. The door opened to reveal Rebecca.

"Oh my God, my favorite sister. Yayyyy." I said as I leaned myself against the walls of my small prison, my hair flopping all in my face, I must look terrible. She scoffed. "I should've left you dead." She said, glaring at me. I threw my arms out. "Second chance! Just say the word." I exclaimed. She laughed. "That doesn't mean I still don't need you. Last chance, join us freely, or be erased." She said as two guards flanked her side. A smirk appeared on my face. "Pruébame perra." I said in Spanish. I learned Spanish fast from Jaime. She clenched her fist as she seemed to understand what I said. Rebecca waved her hands to the guards. They grabbed me by the arms and dragged me down the hall. So much for pruébame perra.

The guard's grip felt tighter and tighter by the second. I looked down at the floor, trying to remember everything. "My name is Chloe Victoria Crimson. I am 16 years old. I am part of a hero team on the planet Earth. I am a hero. My hero name is Volt. My friends are Dick Grayson, Wally West, Kaldur'ahm, Conner Kent, Artemis Crock, Garfield Logan, M'gann M'orazz, Cassie Sandsmark, Barbara Gordon, Tim Drake, Karen Beecher, and Mal Duncan. My best friend is Bart Allen. My father figure is John Stewart. My boyfriend is Jaime Reyes and he means everything to me. My favorite color is blue, my favorite food is popcorn, and I like to roller skate. My family are terrible people. My name is Chloe Victoria Crimson. I am 16 years old. I am part of a hero team on the planet Earth. I am a hero. My hero name is Volt. My friends are Dick Grayson, Wally West-" I kept repeating this in my mind until I heard my name being called.