Chapter 8: We crashed the party, literally

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Jaime's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"You three really know how to crash a party." Rebecca said as we hopped onto the roof she was sitting on. I watch as fire truck lights swarm Wayne Manor. "What have you done?" Dick muttered as he watched the ongoing chaos. "Just a few bombs. No casualties, I think." Rebecca said as she turned to face us. "So what's it going to take for us to get you to leave, and get Chloe back?" Nightwing asked as he stepped forward. "I've been telling you this since I got here. Chloe is gone, and I'm not leaving until I conquer this whole planet." Rebecca said as she ran a hand down her face. "So then, what do you want?" Bart asked as she jumped off the ledge she was standing on. "Well you see, these are Doctor Edward Radcliff, Mr. Raymond Samuels, and Ms. Sabrina Ruth, and all of whom. own wealthy business. Currently they're in my custody." Rebecca said as she pulled up a hologram of three people, one man who she was talking to tonight.

"So I'd like to make a deal with you. You can take these three back, and I get Russia." Rebecca said as she put the hologram down. "Russia? Why Russia?" Bart asked. "Because, it seems fun, the accent is similar to Helmans, and they have a massive army that could probably take over the world." Rebecca explained. "That's great, but we can't exactly give you Russia." I said and she sighed. "I figured you would say that. So here's my second proposal. You three can fight her, and if you win, I'll let you talk to Chloe. For real this time. Or, whatever's left of her." Rebecca said as she smiled. "What do you mean 'whatever's left'?" I said. "You'll just have to see. Now, who's first?" Rebecca said as she prepared in her fighting stance. We all looked at each other.

"Really, nobody? Alright then, I'm giving full control back to Chloe. She'll kick your asses for me." Rebecca said, then she shut her eyes. When she opened her eyes were darker, and she lunged straight at us. She knocked Bart back off the roof, but he quickly sped back up. She kicked Dick straight in the head and sent him flying back into Bart. She turned to me next. "Chloe, I know you're in there. I don't want to hurt you, please." I said as she walked towards me. Then she went in for the punch. I quickly blocked it, and she went flying back. She kicked me straight in the face as I got back up. "C'mon Clo, I know you're in there." I said as I looked around, but she was gone.

"You wish she was in here." I heard Rebecca's voice say from the shadows. Something kicks me in the back of the head. "Scanning. Shot there." Scarab says, and I quickly launch my staple gun to the right. Just as Chloe came out of the shadows, she shot back and stuck to the wall. Chloe shut her eyes, and when they opened, her eyes were lighter. "Well played." Rebecca said as she looked up at me and smiled. "Can I talk to her?" I asked as I stood over to Rebecca. Rebecca sighed. "Very well." Rebecca said. She reached the back of her neck, and I heard a small click, then she shut her eyes. They snapped back open, and Chloe's light blue eyes were back. She gasped and her eyes darted around.

"You need to leave, right now." She said as she broke herself free of the staple that was holding her wrist. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Chloe, look at me, are you okay?" I said as I grabbed her by the wrist. "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm fine. You need to take your friends and get out of here, before she controls me again." Chloe said as she broke free of my grasp. "You... you don't remember anything do you?" I said as she paused to look back at me. "Besides the fact that I'm a murderer? No. Now, I have to go." She said as she turned back. "Wait, please!" I said and she stopped and turned to me again. "What?" She said, as she crossed her arms. "You... you have to remember." I said as I took both of her hands. "I do?" She said, as she looked me dead in the eyes. "Clo, I lost you one time, I don't know If I could lose you again." I said as she raised her eyebrow.

I sighed. Then I had an idea. I retracted my armor, and her eyes widened. "You're him. The blue one." She said quietly. "Yeah, the blue one, that's him. Chloe, c'mon you have to remember us." Bart said as he helped Dick up, and then took off his safety glasses. "I don't remember anything, except for him. So, sorry." She said as she let go of my hands. She looked at the ground. "I would like to remember though." She muttered quietly. I smiled as I looked at her, and she gave me a tiny smile. Then her arm started to raise up, toward her neck. "Oh, no, no, no, no. You guys need to go." She said as her hand shook while it got higher. "I can't control it, please you have to go!" She said as her hand touched the back of her neck, and there was a clicking sound. Then she screamed in pain.

"Chloe!" I exclaimed as I reached out to grab her, but a blast of red energy sent me flying back. "Good to see that dear old sis tried her best." I heard Chloe say as she came to stand over us, and I quickly realized that Chloe was gone. "What did you do to her?" I asked as Bart helped me back up. "Whatever's left of her is locked back up here." Rebecca said as she tapped her temple. "I'm still up for my first proposal if you would like." She said, smiling. "Not happening." Dick snapped. "Very well then, I'll take care of it myself. See you boys later." Rebecca said. Then she turned, and ran off the edge of the building, and flew away. I dropped to my knees. "Hey, it's okay, we'll get Chloe back." Bart said as he put a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah..." I said. I reached into my pocket, and felt her necklace.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"So how'd it go?" I heard Traci say from my bed as I landed back into my bedroom. "It... went." I said as I retracted my armor, and she smiled. "Listen, I've been thinking, and I think we should talk." Traci said as I sat down next to her. "Same. Do you want to go first?" I said as I sat down next to her. "How about we go at the same time?" She suggests. "Okay, 3... 2... 1!" I count down. "We should break up." We both speak at the same time. Both of our eyes widened. Then we both burst out laughing. "What's your reason?" I ask. "Zatanna's assignments are getting much harder, and I really want to work hard for them, so I really need to focus. Don't get me wrong! I still like you, but... I'm not ready for that much commitment." She said, and I gave her a smile.

"Your reason?" She asks. "I just don't want to make things complicated now that Chloe's back. I still like you too, but I don't want to hurt you." I said. "Still friends?" She asked. "Still friends." I said as I smiled, and she smiled back. "I'm going to get going. See you at the Watchtower?" She said as she stood up. "Yeah, see you." I said, and she walked out of my room. I sighed. It couldn't have been more awkward. I turned my head and looked at the picture of Chloe and me roller skating, and the other one of us sleeping together. I smiled at the thought of her beautiful blue eyes coming back again. "I'm going to get you back, I promise. No matter what." I said as I set down her necklace next to the picture.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Rewatched some of the DC movies today. I don't think I've ever gotten better screenshots before

 I don't think I've ever gotten better screenshots before

The one of Damian had me on the floor dying 😭