Chapter 4: Reborn

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

I sat up in a white room. I looked around, everything was white. Then I jumped back. There was a rat, a whole group actually. I scooted back, but they scooted forward. "Shoo, shoo!" I waved my hands, and they scurried back through a small crack in the wall. I looked around, where was I? More importantly, who was I? I couldn't remember anything. My name, my age, where I was from, there was nothing. I sat there, in silence for a while, until the door that was in front of me began to open. A girl walked in, with two guards with red uniforms behind her. She was tall and had long brown hair that reached her waist. She had brown eyes and semi-tan skin.

She was wearing a black, skin tight suit that went up to her neck. Her fingers poked out of the end of the suit, like a glove. Her shoes were also attached to my suit, separated by an upside down red 'V'. A right side up red 'V' was on her chest. Two small gold circles were on her shoulders, and attached was a long red cape. She wore a small red crown on top of her head. She smiled and knelt down before me. "Hello, what is your name?" She asked. "I-I don't know. I can't remember anything." I said as I played with my hair, which was blonde in curly. "Nothing?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Am-am I in trouble?" I asked. She tilted her head. "What would make you think that?" She asked. "I mean, I'm in a white room, and I'm pretty sure that door was locked. Am I in prison?" I asked. She laughed. "No, we found you in a broken spaceship, drifting. All our other rooms were taken, so we put you in this one." The woman explained. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rebecca Crimson, Queen of Helma." She said as she stood up and offered me a hand. "Am I supposed to bow?" I asked as she helped me up. "No, it's alright, now come, I'll give you a tour." She said as she walked out, me following. We walked along hallways, and she explained things about the Helmans. How they had helped by spreading resources through the galaxy. Some planets had chosen to disagree, and revolted, causing their destruction.

"Now, we're going to be passing by the prison cells. Don't be frightened, these people are in there for their own good." Rebecca explained as we turned a corner. Most of the cells were empty, except for one. A man sitting in there had short brown hair and brown eyes. He looked up at the oncoming footsteps, and immediately shot up. "Chloe! Chloe, are you okay?" He asked as he looked at me. He felt familiar, but I didn't know him. "I-I don't know you. Who are you?" I asked. His face dropped. "You-you really don't remember. What did you do to her?!" He exclaimed as he turned to Rebecca. "I don't know what you're talking about, our guest here was found in a deserted ship. We rescued her." Rebecca replied as she stood over the man.

"Now, moving on." Rebecca said as she continued to walk, and I followed. Then a hand grabbed my wrist, and I turned to see the man. "Please, you have to remember. Your name is Chloe Crimson, you're 18 years old, and you have a life on Earth. You're a hero, Chloe. You're-AGHHH!" He began to say, but one of the guards shocked him with a metal rod, and he fell to the ground. Chloe. Earth. 18. I remembered. I turned to Rebecca. "I-I didn't come here on a ship, did I?" I asked, but she didn't reply. I looked at the ground. Chloe, Earth, 18. Hero, that rang a bell. Volt, my name was Volt. "Volt, my hero name was Volt correct?" I asked. "I don't know what you're talking about." Rebecca said very quietly.

"My name is Chloe Crimson, I'm 18, and I live on Earth. My hero name is Volt. And I-I have friends." I repeated to myself. Blurry images in my head of people began to appear in my head. One thing in particular. "Do you know the Justice League and Team?" I asked, and Rebecca's eyes widened. She grabbed me by the shirt and threw me against the wall. "Listen, I know it wouldn't work because the Champion would protect you, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this. Goodbye, little sister." She said, and my eyes widened when I remembered who she was. "No-" I began, but she punched me in the face, and my world went dark.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Rebecca's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

I took deep breaths as I dropped Chloe's body to the floor. I quickly fixed my ponytail, and turned to the guard. "Have her wiped again. Before she gets up, install the Apokoliptian tech. Then install the Crimson genes. I want her fully under my control." I ordered the guards. They nodded, but didn't move. "What are you waiting for? GO!" I screamed at them. They quickly grabbed Chloe, and dragged her off. "As for you-" I said as I turned to Hal Jordan as he slowly got up. "Congratulations. You've just turned your friend into a murderer. She won't remember anything ever again. And this time, I wouldn't give her a chance to do this peacefully. She will be under my control 24/7. And nothing will ever change that." I said as he glared at me. Then I walked off towards the lab, where I heard Chloe's screams.