The Horrible Discovery

:( Mitch's pov ):

I've finished shopping for butter, fruit, and bread and now I'm on my way back home but I'm stopped by someone calling my name. " Hey Mitch is that you?" Called the mysterious voice. I turned around to see my childhood friend Robert or Rob for short. We ran towards each other and hugged "I haven't seen you sense your dad took you to your grandma's." Rob said to me which cause my mind to replay the events of my dad's death, until snapping fingers snapped me out of my trance. The snapping fingers belonged to Rob "Are you okay dood?" He asked in a worried tone "Yeah just remembering some things I don't want to remember." I replied "Oh well don't mind me asking but what are you tying to not remember?" Rob asked with curiosity dripping in his voice. I sighed "Well I didn't want to remember my dad because he was killed by some kind of monster and I saw his torn up body ripped open and his insides missing." I whispered "Oh my god when was this!" Rob whispered-yelled at me "It was a month after he sent me to my grandma's." I cried with tears streaming down my face "I'm so sorry I asked I shou-" Rob started but I cut him off "It's okay you know about it so it's not your fault." I said to him with a smile. "Here how about we go back to my house aka my grandma's house." I said trying to make Rob happy again "Sure I like to see your grandma again it have been about 11(Rob is one year older then Mitch) years sense I last seen her." Rob stated with a smile growing on his face as he spoke. So with Rob by my side we started on our way back to my house, as we walked we talked about our life's. Rob was telling me about a adventure when we got to the edge of the village, I stopped frozen in my tracks as I stare into the dark woods, Rob was still walking toward the woods but stopped right at the very edge of the woods. He turned towards me "Hey why did you stopped walking Mitch?" Rob asked "W-well som-someth-thing tr-tried to att-attack m-me wh-whe-en I-I wa-was hea-head-ing tow-ards th-the vill-age." I stuttered from fear "But that's impossible all of the monsters were driven out or killed by hunters." Rob stated in a matter-of-fact tone. "W-w-well som-someth-thing di-did." I stuttered once again the only difference was I was more fearful than before. "Well (wow I started a lot of sentences with well) Mitch you'll be fine cause I have my trusty sword with me so if something tries to attack us I'll fight it!" Rob yelled pulling out his diamond infused iron sword and striking a pose a hero would normally do. I laughed at his silliness making me feel better so I started to walk again.

'+:time skip:+'
°§still Mitch's pov§°

We made it to my house but something was terribly wrong. The front door was broken down and the area around the cabin was strangely quiet, you would hear birds singing their songs and you would see rabbits hopping around. I cautiously walked towards the broken down door, Rob following my actions. We reached the door and slowly walked in, somethings were on the floor and broken along with claw marks on the walls we then approached the main room and we found a site I never wanted to see again. My grandma was laying in a pool of blood with her stomach ripped open and her insides were missing. "Everything was just like when I found my mother dead, things broken with claw marks everywhere, just like when my dad was found dead broken tree branches and claw marks everywhere. Everything was the same the exact same! The same beast that killed my ma and dad just killed my last family member I have!" I stated quietly but it soon rise to a yell then my knees buckle from under me and I cried while Rob tried to comfort me. Why is my life so bad? I thought to myself.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-