IX. Sunset

"How could you..?"

They found themselves headed to Sunnyvale to fight the king and queen until they surrendered.

"We're arriving. Have the guards ready." a text was sent to the king of the summer kingdom who immediately told every guard to stand guard at the borders of their kingdom ready to fire at everyone but the raven. Their main target was.. the blonde princess.

They were just crossing the borders of Crimsonfalls into Blossomvale when Bora suddenly went missing. This, of course, was all part of her devious plan.

"Bora!?" Dong was the first to notice when the girl disappeared from her side. "Girls! Bora's gone!"

Everyone stopped in their tracks, eyes widened in shock and no one dared to speak in that moment. Until poor Yoohyeon did "Unnie, we need to find our friend!"

"Shh. We'll find her don't worry." it was Queen Minji who hushed the little girl in her older sister's arms. Who seemed to be in panic looking around.

"I don't understand... How could I not notice..?" the blonde finally spoke.

"Hey, you were focused on your little sister. It's okay. We'll find her." everyone's head turned to the youngest redhead. Even the wolf herself found it shocking. Her little sister tended to be too quiet. But one thing is true. She was an observer. "She didn't disappear. She left on her own accord. I think we're heading into a trap."

"No. She wouldn't- She couldn't betray us like that..." the older blonde found herself heartbroken. She had put her whole trust in her only to be let down again. "We have to find her regardless."

"We need an explanation from her. She's dead when we find her." it was Queen Minji who spoke. She knew she shouldn't have trusted her parents murderers' daughter. Why would the princess of Sunnyvale risk it all when her kingdom was safe and sound and never threatened? She knew none of it made sense and yet, she put her trust in her for the princess of Glaciara.

And so they turned on their heels and went to look for the raven. As the sun began to set, however, the girls headed to Blossomvale's palace to rest. That's when everything went wrong.

"Unnie!" a baby voice was heard screaming in panic and immediately, Minji's eyes widened. She was quick on her feet to run towards the voice but Dami pulled her back.

"Be careful. It could be a trap." the quiet panda spoke hoping Minji would think first before jumping into a trap.

"Well, well, well." the raven walked into sight with a devil-like smirk on and a little four year old set on her hip, "Look who came back."

"Bora." Minji growled, ready to kill her if it wasn't for her little sister in the raven's arms.

"Unnie!" The little girl cried out, her tiny arms trying to reach for her older sister who gave her a reassuring look.

"Whatever it is that you want, just leave her out of this... please." Minji begged facing Bora again.

"Bora... W-Why would you do this..? I thought- I thought we were friends." it was the blonde who spoke with saddened eyes, holding back her tears. Her grip on Yoohyeon's hand tightening just slightly to make sure no one could take her away.

As Bora's eyes met Dong's she went quiet. She had no excuse whatsoever to do what she did. But there was so much more to it that she needed them to know.

"H-How could you!? I trusted you! I trusted my and my sister's life on you!" Dong cried out, tears finally rolling down.

"Follow me." Bora had cleared her throat before ordering and everyone followed behind her terrified she'd hurt Minji's little sister. Everyone but Handong who stood there frozen, holding onto Yoohyeon's hand tightly.

"DongDong?" the little blonde tugged on her skirt with her free hand.

"Hm..? What is it, Puppy?" she had immediately wiped her tears before kneeling in front of her sister who simply pointed towards where the girls had gone and Dong didn't know what to do.

If she should go after the girls and walk into her and her sister's possible death or return home.

-

"Where is Han Dong?" Siyeon whispered to Dami who looked around and simply shrugged.

"Bora, please... Just let the kid out of this... This is between the adults." Siyeon stated, stepping closer to the raven.

"If I set her down I'm dead before I can even explain myself." she stated and Minji glared daggers at her.

"It's a good thing you know. You have nothing to explain." Minji hissed through gritted teeth.

"It's not like that, your majesty." the raven sighed, "I was going to lead you to your death... B-But I couldn't. Even if my father sends me to prison or disowns me... You've treated me better than he ever has my whole life." her face had softened, only pure sadness and guilt took over her expression.

"Bullshit." Minji rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "I don't believe you. I trusted you purely because Dongie said I could. It all felt too good to be true."

"The guards are all around the borders of Sunnyvale... If we kept heading there... You all would be dead by now. I-I needed some way to make you guys change paths... My father wants you dead by sunset..."

"What tells us you won't kill us right here, right now?" Dami calmly asked.

And with a sigh, Bora set Gahyeon down carefully, allowing her to run towards her big sister who quickly scooped her up into her arms.

"That proves nothing." Siyeon rolled her eyes with a scoff. "You used her as a hostage to get us all here."

"I had no other choice, you would've murdered me the instant you saw me if I didn't." Bora sighed, "I'll take my punishment but I can't let you die because of me."

"So you just admitted to have been fooling us this whole time and now expect us to forgive you and trust you again?" Minji scoffed with a sarcastic chuckle, "Bad news for you. Not gonna happen."

-

"Appa, please! Trust me I can do it!" Bora begged looking up at her father as she rubbed her hands together, "Jebal."

Her father had never once said he was proud of her or that she had done something that made him happy. He had only ever scolded her and diminished her for her energetic persona.

"Alright. Then leave the castle and don't come back until you've killed the 6 princesses. You have until sunset of the third day or I'll tell the guards they can kill you too." her father harshly said, pushing her out of his way to the floor.