The Package

----------------

"You taught me that love can be an amazing and beautiful thing

But you also taught me that love will keep you up till midnight crying softly to yourself, wondering how much more pain someone can endure."

~SJF

----------------

----------------

V I C T O R I A

----------------

My days and nights passed blissfully, and I found myself truly happy, so much so that sometimes it scared me.

Jerking my head away from negative thoughts, I asked our chef about the preparation for Dominic's birthday.

Today, he left for the office early, and I couldn't be happier because it gave me extra time to prepare his surprise. I was deep in conversation with the chef when the doorbell rang. Confused, I made my way to the door and opened it, but there was no one there. I searched around, but there was no sign of anyone. Just as I was about to close the door, my eyes caught sight of a package lying on the doorstep.

It wasn't a large package, I picked it up and inspect it carefully. There was no address or sender's name, just my name written on it.

Taking the package with me, I closed the door. Settling on the living room couch, I opened the package, but there was nothing inside except for a pendrive.

Confused, I looked at it skeptically, but my curiosity got the best of me. Taking the pendrive in my hand, I inserted it into the large TV screen.

I stood there, waiting patiently for a few minutes, but there was nothing but a black screen. I thought someone had played a prank on me, so I was just about to remove the pendrive when the screen started to shift, and I heard moaning sounds.

Then the screen zeroed in on the bed, and I flushed as I saw the scene unfolding before me: a man and a woman engaged in intimate activities, both naked. My eyes widened as the camera zoomed in on their connection. Just as I was about to remove the pendrive, the faces came into view, and my eyes widened in shock.

It was none other than my husband and Mia.

I was lost in my thoughts, well aware of Dominic's past as a womanizer before our marriage. Suddenly, whispers broke through my reverie, gradually breaking into a conversation. I was just about to remove the pendrive when I heard my name being mentioned. My eyes zeroed in on the date, and it was before our marriage, precisely a month or two.

You love Victoria, don't you?"

"What? Love? I, uh, I... I don't love Victoria,"

"Don't lie to me, Dominic,"

"I'm not lying, Mia. I really don't love her, She's... she's not my type. She's just... just too plain for my liking."

His words broke my heart, and I wanted to cry.

Then the screen shifted, and once again, the date and time came into view. I became confused, but this time I waited patiently. A few moments later, the camera zoomed in on a private room. Looking at the interior, it was screaming money, and there were all the boys I grew up playing with. My brow creased as I saw them laughing over something, but gradually, the atmosphere shifted and took a turn. I could see tension in the atmosphere visibly.

And then I witnessed the disgusting thing in front of my eyes. Marco, whom I thought was my good friend, dared Dominic to bring me to his bed and fucked me.

To persuade Victoria, bring her to your bed and fúck the brain out of her

I became still, my whole body feeling numb, and my heart felt like it was being squeezed in my chest, making it hard to breathe. It was like someone had pulled the rug from beneath my feet, and I was falling into a dark abyss. An ache, like I'd never felt before, started in my heart, and I instinctively placed my hands on that pumping organ. Unable to stand still, my stomach churned, and I ran towards the bathroom, desperately needing to empty my stomach.

It felt as though my world crumbled before my eyes, leaving me alone to pick up the pieces. I cried, feeling utterly betrayed. Was that all I was to him—a mere bet, a dare? Here I thought he had truly fallen in love with me. I felt consumed by shame, realizing that I was just a pawn in their game. How foolish I had been to believe otherwise.

How he laughed at me when I naively confessed my love to him.

How foolish I was to think that I could have him. A man like Dominic was always out of my reach. How naive I was to believe that he finally saw me, but that was never the case.

Oh God, I despise him, I despise him so intensely, but more than him, I hate myself.

And When he confessed, I chuckled with teary eyes Such a liar he is, and what a beautiful betrayal it turned out to be.

End of the chapter
Thankyou for reading
Like comments and share