Disgusting

----------------

"Just by loving you, I broke my own heart."

~Unknown

----------------

----------------

V I C T O R I A

----------------

Getting up from the floor, I wiped my tears harshly with the back of my hand. Taking the pendrive with me, I walked out of this suffocating place that I once thought was my home. And once again, a memory hit me like a current.

"I don't want children, Victoria."

"We are still young, and I want to give you the whole world. A child would ruin all my plans."

Of course, why would he think about having children with me? I was just a plaything to him. Why would he want children when he just wanted to fück me without any extra responsibility? Now I understand why, because when he gets bored, he doesn't have a reason to stay tied to me.

And again, a fresh wave of tears streamed down my eyes, but still, a foolish corner of my heart wasn't ready to accept it. And I want nothing more than to choke that piece with my own hands.

So here I am in his office, ready to crush that throbbing object in my chest, to deliver the final blow and extinguish any lingering hope.

I walked inside his office, where he sat engrossed in some papers. As he looked up and saw me, a smile spread across his face.

"Victoria, sweetheart, what a surprise!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with warmth. But as he saw me in my most vulnerable state he again called out my name.

"Victoria."

he quickly got up from his chair and rushed in my direction, but I stopped him with a gesture of my hand. I know I'm looking so horrible right now, but I don't care. My heart was in the worst state.

"Tell me, sweetheart, what happened? Why are you crying?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

"Is this true?" I whispered, tears streaming down my face. I could see confusion on his beautiful face, and my heart wept again. I was hoping, just hoping, that it is all just a lie.

"Victoria, mia Cara , please, you're scaring me. Tell me what's wrong?"

"You married me just because of a bet? Is it true or not?" My voice shook with emotion as silence filled the room, and I noticed his jaw clenching.

"Victoria listen..."

"Just tell me, Dominic, is it true or not?" I demanded, my eyes searching his for honesty.

He looked at me, then met my gaze and replied, "No, it's not true."

"Liar!" Tears welled up in my eyes.

He took a step towards me, but I held up my hand to stop him. "Don't come any closer, Dominic."

As I turned to leave his office, the door opened, and Marco stood there with his briefcase.

"Hey, honeybee, what's wrong?" His concern was evident in his voice, but in that moment, I couldn't bring myself to care.

Turning to Marco with teary eyes, I struggled to speak through my sobs. "You knew about it too. I thought we were all really good friends, but..." My voice broke, unable to finish my sentence.

"Victoria, it's not like that. Please, let me explain," Marco's voice carried a hint of desperation.

"No, I don't want to hear anything. You're all liars. You're all so disgusting," I said, my words laced with bitterness and betrayal.

Without sparing them another glance, I left his office. I stepped into the elevator, and just as the doors were about to close, I saw Dominic running towards me, calling my name in desperation.

"Victoria, please listen to me," he pleaded, But I couldn't bring myself to stay and listen. More tears gathered in my eyes as the elevator doors closed. As the elevator descended, I leaned against the wall, feeling a mixture of anger, hurt, and betrayal coursing through me.

The elevator doors opened, and I stepped out into the lobby, trying to compose myself. I glanced around, feeling lost and alone in the midst of the bustling office building. Each step felt heavy, burdened by the weight of the truth I had just uncovered. I couldn't shake the feeling of betrayal, the realization that the people I trusted most had deceived me.

I barely noticed the people around me as I made my way towards my car. The world seemed to blur into a haze of confusion and pain, and I struggled to make sense of it all.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I allowed myself to grieve for the loss of trust and the shattered illusions of friendship and love.

As I sat in my car, his desperate voice echoed in my ears, but at that moment, I couldn't bear to listen to another word from him. God knows if he ever truly loved me or if it was all just a game. Despite his pleas, I started the car and drove away.

End of the chapter
Thankyou for reading
Like comments and share