Trouble

Edited.

They turned off the light and after awhile of laying there I finally fell asleep no matter how hard I tried to fight it.

-time skip-

I woke up to someone shaking me awake. I rubbed my eyes, thinking I was back home and my mommy was waking me up. Was I so tired that she had to wake me up? When my vision cleared I saw a lady with short brown hair staring down at me. Ms. Kate.. Everything rushed back to me and I groaned. If only I really was back home. "Come on Summer. Nap time is over.", she announced, helping me up. She put up the mat and blanket before coming back over to me added, "You can go play again until your mom comes to pick you up." I nodded and walked over to a toy box, grabbing a teddy bear and sitting back down in the corner. I stayed like that for thirty minutes until Christie came through the door. "Hi I'm here to pick up Summer Gills.", she told Ms. Melissa, signing a paper and waiting. That's when I realized it. I'd rather stay here than go back with her. "Kate, Mrs. Gills is here for Summer.", Ms. Melissa announced to Ms. Kate. Ms. Kate nodded and walked over to me, smiling. "Your mommy is here.", she announced to me, picking me up. She carried me over to Christie and just as Christie reached out for me I shouted, "No!" "I know you had fun Summer but you have to come home.", Christie informed, reaching to grab me again. "No! You no Mommy!", I stated, shaking my head and holding onto Ms. Kate tighter. Ms. Kate looked at Christie suspiciously as Christie's eyes widened like saucers. "I just got custody of her after two years of fighting with her father. Because he had full custody of her and never let her see me she thinks her step mom is her mom now.", she lied, denying my claim. "Nuh uh!", I argued back. But sadly, Ms. Kate believed her. She pried me off of her and handed me to Christie. When we left and got to the car Christie was raving mad. She buckled me up in a hurry and slammed the door shut before driving to the house. When we got there, she got me out and stormed into the house. "John!!", she called into the house. John walked into the room calmly, "What Christie?" "Summer told her daycare teacher I wasn't her mom!", she shouted in outrage. "She what?!?", John yelled, his body shaking as his face turned as red as a tomato like this morning when he was yelling at Carrie and Alex. I cringed at the harsh tone of his voice, the anger clear in it. He looked over towards me and pulled me out of Christie's arms, storming up the stairs. What is he going to do?? I began to squirm in his arms out of fear. He just tightened his grip on me and stormed into my room, closing and locking the door. He tossed me on the bed and pulled down my shorts and pull up. "You were a very bad girl today Summer. I am very, very disappointed in you.", he scolded in a low growl. I could tell his teeth was barred against each other. I began to hear the jiggling of a belt buckle and a small sliding sound. Oh no...not the belt! I began to cry out of fear and pleaded, "No! No Daddy! I sowwy!! I be good, I pwomise! I sowwy!" "You should've thought of that before now shouldn't you.", he sneered at me, "Now maybe next time you will be a good girl. For now though, this is your punishment for breaking rules three, five, and seven. So you get three spankings with the belt and five with my hand. Then you don't get to sleep with teddy for a whole week." I just continued to cry as he raised the big belt and planted it down on my little bum. I cried out in pain, screaming as more tears cascaded down my cheeks. Suddenly, someone started banging on the door and Alex's voice sounded through the door as he begged for John to stop and to not continue. He spanked me two more times with the belt before putting it back on. Alex was still banging on the door as I sobbed. John lifted his hand and spanked me hard five more times before stopping, putting back on my pull up and clothes. "You have to sit in here until dinner.", he declared, before leaving the room with the teddy bear and telling the same thing to Alex and Carrie, who was now at the door too. I kept sobbing when John left back downstairs and Alex and Carrie walked into the room. Alex picked me up and cooed me as I cried into his shoulder. He rubbed my back as Carrie rubbed my sore bottom to soothe the pain. Soon the pain stopped along with my crying. Alex was rubbing my back still but Carrie had left the room. I kept my head on Alex's shoulder in silence as I hiccuped, sucking my thumb. I don't ever want to go through that again.

~Ms. Kate's POV (Surprise!)~

I watched suspiciously as Mrs. Gills walked out of the daycare with Summer. There's something off about them, I can feel it. But I just can't place what it is. Melissa looked at me and sighed, "You know we can't stare at the customers. You've already gotten a warning for that." "I know Melissa but I have a bad feeling.", I admitted, my voice showing how concerned I was. "Oh no, not this again.", she groaned, "You know there's nothing wrong with the parents. Just because the kids say that the parents aren't their's doesn't mean anything. There's a reason for everything. Some kids hardly ever see their parents and when they do, they sometimes have to work and, believe it or not, their parents work here and since they barely know who their parents are so they say that. Or they just don't want to leave so they say the first thing that pops into their heads. Or they're in the same shoes as the Gills family. There's always a rational explanation." "Yeah but Summer seemed so panicked, like she really never saw her before until now and like she was terrified for her life. When I called her name for her to get her lunch, she didn't come and when I called her up again she looked so confused as if she didn't know who Summer Gills was. Then a helper had to come over and make sure she ate it! She looked like she was disgusted and like she was going to be sick if she even touched the food when she got it. Not to mention she didn't want to say goodbye to her mom this morning and she didn't call her 'mommy' or 'momma' or anything like that. Not a kiss on the cheek, a hug, a 'mommy please don't go', nothing! That's just weird Melissa!", I argued with the girl. "Kate, do you remember what happened with the Jacob boy? He had all the same things happening and you REPORTED his mother to the POLICE and when they investigated they discovered that he was adopted literally the day before he came. You almost got fired Kate!! Please don't make the same mistake again.", Melissa begged, reminding me of what happened. This made me quiet down my argument immediately. I turned back to the kids and tended to them. But nothing could keep my mind off of Summer. Maybe I should keep an eye on her...

-------------------

A/N: Heyy guys. I hope you liked the chapter. Poor little Summer but hey, at least someone is onto them. If you don't remember the rules they're in chapter 2. Let me know what you think. Sorry it took so long. Please comment, vote, and check out my other stories.