Chapter 8

The rest of the ceremony wrapped up without any problems. Even Natalie was well behaved for once.

I stood talking with Miss June on the ground by the stage.

"I'm so proud of you."

I smiled and looked down at my shoes, flattered. "Thank you Miss June." I looked up at her. "You really helped me a lot. You have no idea." I knew she could tell how sincere I was being since her eyes went all glassy. "No, no, no! Don't cry~" I pulled her into a hug. I kept repeating those same words as she didn't listen to me the first time.

"Group hug!" I heard someone yell just before impact with my back. Before I knew it Hannah, Olivia and Jun were all wrapped around Miss June and I. That brought a smile to Miss June's face and she started laughing while wiping away at her tears.

We all pulled away from each other. 

"Where are your parents? They must be proud of you too Y/n."

I gave Miss June a weak smile. "It's complicated right now. They couldn't make it." I lied.

She nodded in sympathy. "Well I'll let you have some fun with your friends. They seem to be getting just a little jumpy." She nodded her head behind me where Hannah was chasing Olivia around Jun, who was laughing at something on his phone.

Miss June and I started laughing again. "Yeah they're all supposed to be older than me, but they all act like they're five."

She patted me on the arm. "Have fun. I hope you'll remember me in the future."

I softened at those words. "I couldn't forget my favorite teacher, come on now." I gently nudged her shoulder and smiled. "I think I do have to go and wrangle them, so." I titled my head towards the ever increasing chaos in front of us.

Miss June nodded in understanding. "Goodbye. I wish you success and happiness."

"Thank you. I hope you find the same." With one final smile and hug goodbye, we parted ways.

"What the fuck- Hannah! Get off of Olivia right now!" I yelled as I ran over to help the poor girl. "You're literally suffocating her!" I pried Hannah off.

"The bitch stole my phone!" Hannah complained brushing her pants off.

"She took a picture of me without permission!" Olivia snapped back pointing an accusing finger at Hannah.

I sighed. "Hannah." She looked at me out of the corner of her eye, her arms folded over her chest. "This is why you have brothers. You don't go around beating up your bestie for something you did. You bottle it up, and then unleash it on Chan." By the end of my sentence I was barely holding onto my poker face.

Hannah smiled evilly and uncrossed her arms. "Yeah, you've got a point. Sorry Liv." She reached down and helped Olivia off the ground. Olivia handed Hannah's phone back to it's rightful owner.

"Speaking of pictures," I began.

"Oh yeah! I took some pictures of you." Olivia had a big smile as she pulled out her own phone. "See?" I took hold of the phone and swiped through the three photos.

References: