Bliss, Interrupted.

Storybrooke, Maine: Present Day

Storybrooke was calm for the first night in weeks. No curses, no witch fights. The town was content because the wicked old witch, at last, was dead.

It was dark, but the signs from local businesses lit Main Street as the family pleasantly strolled from the Ice Cream Shop to Granny's Diner. Her hand was wrapped around tiny fingers as the chill of the night air kissed a pink glow to her cheeks. Regina glanced up at the stars shining above them when she felt Robin's soft, loving gaze in her direction. She looked at him and smiled before Roland stole her attention.

"Gina, look at me," the boy giggled as he held his cone up to his nose, the cold treat mere centimeters from his face. "I'm a snowman."

Regina's heart fluttered at the boy's innocence as she ran her finger along his cone and pushed it into his dimples, filling them with ice cream. Roland jumped when he felt the cold liquid against his cheeks and Henry laughed from the other side of Robin.

"What are you laughing at," Robin asked, pressing his own cone against the older boy's chin. Henry gasped and wiped quickly at his face while the family laughed together as they approached the diner.

"Hey Roland, last one inside has to pick up Pongo's poop for the whole week," Henry said and started running toward the door.

"No fair! You got a head start," the smaller boy chased after him.

The couple laughed as they watched Henry slow down, letting Roland beat him knowing he'd have to pick up the dog's mess on his own anyway. They watched the door to Granny's swing shut when Robin pulled Regina into a tight embrace. She hummed with satisfaction when he gently placed his hand at the nape of her neck, his thumb rubbing small circles at the base of her jaw just below her ear.

"You know this will just make Roland beg for a dog for Christmas," Robin said with a chuckle.

"One week while Archie is at his conference is the perfect trial run then. Roland really looks up to Henry and I'm sure he'll want to help look after Pongo," she replied.

"I never took you for an animal lover," Robin moved his other hand to the small of her back.

"I love animals. It was always humans I had a problem with," Regina said jokingly as she wrapped her arms tighter around his waist. They laughed together before he leaned down and pressed his forehead against hers.

"I'm proud of you," he whispered. Regina furrowed her brow and he continued. "I know how hard you're working to be better for Henry and how you handled your sister. It's been a long journey for you and I'm just honored to be apart of it."

Regina opened her mouth to respond, but found that there were no words to express how she felt. This man did more than love her; he respected her. She pressed her lips firmly against his and felt him smirk as he pulled her closer to him.

Meanwhile inside the diner, Emma and Hook sat across from her parents as they finished telling their story.

"So we opened the portal using the bean we stole and here we are," Emma said and sipped her hot chocolate with a satisfied smile.

"How did the portal open to begin with? The one that sent you back in time," Snow asked, rocking her newborn son in her arms.

"When Zelena died, the remaining magic from her pendant opened it," her daughter answered.

"The washrooms here are more terrifying than the plague," Daniel said as he approached the table. Emma and Killian laughed while Snow's eyes widened at the sight of the stable boy.

"Mom, Dad. This is--"

"Daniel," Snow whispered, her heart pounding a mile a minute in her chest.

"Daniel?" Charming's head whipped around to look at his wife who nodded in response.

"How-- You're not--" she was at a loss for words.

"I couldn't let him walk back to the stables knowing his fate. It was his choice to come back with us," Emma said quickly, defending herself. She knew her parents were not going to react positively to this.

"Emma, as much as I admire your heroism, this is not going to end well," her mother spoke up.

The door to the diner swung open signaled by the sound of the bell as Robin and Regina entered hand in hand. Daniel spotted her immediately and his heart nearly gave out.

"Regina!" He yelled and ran toward the love of his life. She turned her head and the smile fell from her face once she saw him, her olive complexion turning a sickly white as he lifted her off the ground and spun her in his arms.

"I think you better put her down before--" Robin began to say as he stepped forward protectively, but was interrupted by Regina's voice.

"Da- Daniel..." He put her down and she took a step back toward the door. She looked from Daniel to Robin and back again, trying to process the situation. Her hands were trembling and she suddenly felt faint. She pressed her hand against the doorframe as she continued to stare at him.

"It- it can't be you. You're dead. I- I watched you die," the tears built up in her eyes as she struggled to catch her breath. She reached down and pulled the door handle allowing her to make a swift exit into the cold night air.

"Regina," both men called after her simultaneously. The room was silent as the diner patrons observed the sharp looks the men gave one another before following her out the door.