Or Ally?

'Here I thought I would have a chance to sit down and have quiet conversation' Kyle said, making his way outside through the front entrance and casually walking away from the motel. Looking back from the corner of his eyes, he noticed a couple of the droids leave where he sensed the mana distortion and trail him along the rooftop.

'Great, I'm being chased by robots'

As he kept walking, he noticed that the droids kept their distance. Kyle used this as an advantage and quickly ducked into a near by alleyway.

With just a few seconds to act, Kyle found a sewer entrance and quickly jumped inside. As he fell on to the bottom of the sewer, Kyle pooled a little bit of mana into his legs. By the time he landed magic pulsated steadily through every fiber of muscle. Kyle took a deep breath to collect himself before sprinting across the city in an explosion of speed.

Although it was a straight section of pipe, the limited size forced him to navigate tight spaces at superhuman speeds. Luckily his enhanced senses allowed him to easily traverse the environment. However, the head start did little to help as the sound of the droids came from behind him.

However, before long the sounds of the droids faded away one by one till he could hear none of them. Kyle didn't let that distract him as he kept his momentum going and soon arrived at a junction but he didn't have much of a choice, most of the paths were close off. He took the only open path and came up to another. 'deja vu' he thought.

By the time he came to the third junction he realised this couldn't be a coincidence. His suspicions were confirmed when he came to a dead end leading up to the surface. He kept his sensors at high alert as he climbed the ladder up to the exit.

As he came out of the sewer his worries were confirmed when a whistling sound got very loud before overloading his senses with bright light light and a ear ringing high pitch noises.

By the time his senses came back around, three armoured trucks and two aircrafts had surrounded him. Dozens of soldiers poured out of all four vehicles. All of which was surrounded by a wall of energy.

Kyle looked at the soldiers and they were armed with full body exo-suit armours but he didn't see any of the ones he encountered back in his cabin. Instead a single soldier, who seems to be the one in charge, came forward.

"You are surrounded. Surrender peacefully or we will open fire" he warned.

Kyle slowly raised his hands in the air as a sign of surrender. He was about to talk when his internal warning bells began to ring. Kyle saw the commander about to pull the trigger and instinctively began to transform his skin into the protective layer of scales. A wave of blue swept across the surface of his skin.

Just in time as the commander opened fire shouting. "Open fire! Open fire!"

Kyle crossed his arms in front of his face as a hailstorm of bullets peppered him from everywhere. Though they bounced off his scales harmlessly, the force of the bullets held him back.

'Screw diplomacy' thought Kyle. 'If it's a fight they want then it's a fight they'll get'

Kyle crouched down and leapt into the air towards the soldiers but the two aircrafts blew him out of the air with a couple of missiles. Kyle back flipped to land on his feet and regained his bearings.

The manoeuvrability and firepower of the aircrafts posed too much of a disadvantage. Kyle needed to take them out first.

Amidst the barrage of bullets, he looked around for something he could use and realised where he was, he was at an abandoned dock. If it's a dock, there's water and lots of it. A smirk appeared on Kyle's face as he sensed the vast amount of water that was around him and specially the sewer pipes that lead to the sea.