Chapter 16:This room is getting hot

Lumine entered a room of this secret hideout of the Fatui, a Fatui mask on her face to hide her identity. The guard stading in the room got immediatly startled by her entrance.

Guard:Wh...Who are you? Wh...What are you doing here? Argh!

Lumine:Give up. No one's coming to rescue you.

Guard:Did you already beat all the other guards?

Lumine:I kicked their Snezhnayan butts.

Well, okay, that wasn't completly true. Both Diluc and Kumagawa were a lot of help, they got to here much quicker than expected because of their teamwork.

There was even an Electro Cicin Mage. Although Kumagawa deduced she wasn't the one that stole the lyre, because she didn't have any of the wounds he inflicted on that one.

Guard:What!? I...I'm not scared of you. An Agent will come to my aid!

Lumine:We both know you're making that up.

Guard:Ugh...Ah...Hehe...I've had enough! I am a proud citizen of Snezhnaya! I will not falter!

The guards seemed to have broken his composture. Backing off he pressed on a mechanism, one of the cages opening and a Mitachurl weilding an wooden shield coming out.

Lumine wondered if the guard realized he was in just as muxh danger as she was, one thing she knew by now of all Hilichurl species was that they don't discriminate, or if he really was that scared. How this guy made it into the military is beyond her.

Lumine:Looks like I'll have to deal with the big guy over here first.

Paimon:What's taking those two so long?

Lumine:Well, Kumagawa has a lot of baggage to carry.

Paimon:Yeah, three of them... Why did he want to do that anyway.

Lumine:Eh, he probably thought it was poetic or something.

Paimon:Sounds like him...And then Diluc remained by his side because he didn't trust Kumagawa not to wonder off.

Lumine unsheated her sword, ready to fight the newly liberated monster. However, just as the Mitachurl was charging at her an oversized screw pierced through the shield, all the way to the beast's heart, and the Mitachurl dropped dead instantly.

Lumine:Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Kumagawa:[Aww, you're gonna make me blush!]

Guard:Wha...Wha...Argh!

The guard was thrown ito a wall as three bodies, two other guards and a and a Electro Cicin Mage boud together by a rope, were thrown at him. The back of the guard's head hit the wall hard, his head bleeding as he passed out.

To be fair, his bound compatriots weren't doing much better. Beside some third degree burns they were also bleeding and battered, the middle section of both of the Electro Cicin Mage's arms being complety puroles from how hard they were hit.

Diluc:Are you certain they are alive?

Both Kumagawa and Diluc amde their way into the room, the first being very satisfied with his actions. He waved his hand, trying to dispell Diluc's worries.

Kumagawa:[Don't worry, I'm very experienced in this. Although they're gonna wish they were dead when they wake up.]

Diluc:I guessed as much. From one look alone I can tell they're gonna be in incredible pain. Not to mention, from what I heard the Eighth Harbinger isn't very tolerant to failure.

Paimon:There's one room left that we haven't tried. Surely the key must be in there?

Diluc:Then let us not waste anymore time.