Episode 2: Truth be told

Back in the back rooms.
Pomni was trying to put her escape plan into action. She took on of the lollipop props and placed it under the wheel of the same truck the bandits drove before trying to get it to elevate. Alas it was no luck; the lollipop snapped not being able to take the weight.

"-Uhhh...y-you two wanna try helping out at all?" Pomni laughed nervously. "Or are you still.." She turned to you who sat in the corner with your knees pulled to your chest and face buried in your arms. You stayed silent. She turned to the bandit who looked deep in thought.
She decided to try talking to him first.

She walked up closer to him momentarily. "Hey. You okay?"

"-No."

"You wanna talk about it?" She offered kindly. "What is there to talk about?" He looked away from her. "-I don't just wanna leave you here." She walked closer. "Why not?" He snapped his head towards her. "I don't matter in the slightest. I'm nothing. My life. My memories...my friends...it's all fake." He takes off his hat and bows his head defeatedly.

Pomni takes a seat next to him and sighs. "This may seem weird but...I think I know the feeling. Well, m-maybe not...the e-exact feeling, but..." she pauses. "Feeling like you're nothing is...kind of normal." You hear her and hold yourself closer for comfort. "I mean, people even feel like that in the world I came from. But...y-you still care about your buddies up there, don't you? I'm sure they still care about you." She stands back up with a smile.

"What does it matter?" He frowns "what do we have when you people leave? We're just obstacles...created to be defeated and be forgotten." He hangs his head down.

"Well...you don't have to be." Pomni states making him turn his head. "The- The circus— th-the place I'm from well, I— I'm originally from somewhere else. But...if it has to be my home..." y/n raises their head to hear them better. "...Maybe it can be yours, too. The people there are...interesting..." you couldn't help but snort at that. Pomni looked back at you with a shy smile. "At the very least. Maybe..you..." she sighs. "...could be somebody real there."

"Why are you trying to cheer me up? How does this benefit you at all?" He asks.

"I guess I just don't want you to feel like you're nothing. I don't want anyone to feel like that." Pomni confesses. You smile softly.

"But I'm not even a real person." He puts a hand to his chest. "Would I even belong?"

"I'm sure you wouldn't belong any less than me." She chuckles. "And...I could use a friend." She confesses.

You felt a pang of guilt in your chest. You and the rest hadn't really done the best at making her feel welcome. You had your sights on different things. Or someone.

"A friend"?" He repeats with a smile and stands up dusting himself off. "You're a strange little character." He puts his hat back on his head. "Suppose I could give it a try. All I ask is that we don't tell the lads about this. They're a couple of bright-eyed yobbos, but I don't wanna drag 'em down with me."

Pomni chuckles. "Yeah, that makes sense. What's your name by the way?"

"Gummigoo"

Y/n after being quiet this whole time busts out laughing harder than they have ever laughed before. "H-How does Caine come up with this [BEEP!]" You cackle.

Pomni and Gummigoo stare at you rolling around on the floor. "Hey..uh, are they alright?"
Pomni smiles gratefully seeing you're not crying anymore. "Yea..It's completely normal."

"So, what'd you have in mind in terms of getting us out of here?" Gummigoo asks.
"I-I don't know." Pomni stammers. "M-Maybe some kind of glitch with the truck's collisions? I'm not really sure how we could..." she pauses notices cubes siting along the walls. She has an idea.

Pomni walks over to you. You finally got the laughter out of your system and were sitting quietly with your head pressed against the wall. She crouches down to your level. "You've never been without Jax...have you?"

You stare at her for a minute before shaking your head no. "No...I have. That's what scares me." You sniffle and wipe away forming tears.

"One day..I got lost in one of Caine's creations. Pomni, I was in there for 5 hours. I've never been so scared in my life. It was so cold...I hate the cold." you wrap your arms around yourself. "When Jax finally found me. He called me an idiot." You and Pomni laugh a bit. "But I could tell how worried he was. I wasn't cold anymore. I was filled with his warmth...now I feel cold all over again."

Pomni looks down at the ground then back up at you with determination. "You won't have to bare it any longer."
~

They all pile into the truck fastening their seat belts. Pomni had lined up the cubes infront of the truck for her to ram into hoping to recreate that glitch.

"All right. I'm just throwing stuff at the wall here. If this doesn't work we can try something else." Pomni laughs nervously.

You put a hand on her shoulder. "You got this, Pomni. Take me to my man."
She gives you a shaky nod

Gummigoo leans on his hand. "You're the expert here."

She laughs again. "I'm really not. But let's see how it goes." She puts the key into the ignition and starts up the truck. The cubes start thudding around quickly.

"I just realized that this might be a little vio-" she didn't get to finish her sentence because the truck shot off into the sky flying through many teapots. Why are there teapots? Am I the only one confused? Is this a reference?

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Y/n gags.

"NO!" Pomni and Gummigoo both yell.