Episode 2: Let's go home

Jax played with your hair as you sat on his lap. He looked very frustrated. "I'm so unbelievably disappointed right now."
He grumbled. You look back at him with a raised eyebrow.

Ragatha walked over to the two of you and smirked. "Well, maybe there'll be blood, death, and violence in the next adventure.

"Ha-ha-ha-ha. How wholesome." Jax laughed sarcastically.
You hugged his neck showing him comfort and he just grumbled while hugging you around the waist.

Pomni and Gummigoo walked up behind Ragatha. "O-O-Oh, yeah. Uh, this is Gummigoo. He's gonna come back to the circus with us." Pomni smiled.

"O-Oh! Uh, i-is that allowed?" Ragatha asked not sounding sure. "His reality..was kind of..completely shattered? I feel like it was the least I could offer him." Pomni scratched her head shyly. "Opposed to just leaving him behind."

Ragatha chuckles. "Hey. That's good of you, Pomni-"

"UGH!" Jax gets up from the ground. "Let's take this DUMB truck to the DUMB kingdom, I guess!" Jax looks like he's about to throw a tantrum.

.

.

.

Once again back in the castle the crowds cheered for their saviors for bringing back their beloved syrup.

"Thanks to you brave knights, our kingdom will once again thrive. I'm sure it was no easy task." The princess thanks them.

"You have no idea." Jax sighs. Y/n just stared down the princess intently without blinking. Jax waves a hand into front of your face trying to get your attention. "Hotstuff? You in there?"

"I bet her dress tastes like strawberry shortcake." You say with drool slipping out the side of your mouth. Jax just rolls his eyes and wipes your mouth off.

A portal opens up beside the princess just like the one Caine pushed them into at the beginning. "-Farewell, brave knights. Have fun executing that bandit fella!"

"-Yes. That is what we're doing." Pomni gives a shaky thumbs up.

The group stops at the sound of a distant explosion. "-Oh, hey! Maybe I didn't leave the gate unlocked for nothing after all." Jax snickered looking off to see what was approaching.

"-Uh, what? I-I thought he was dead! You still did that?!" Ragatha was freaking out.
You slapped your forehead disappointingly.

"Okay, wait. Y-You did what, now?" The princess starts to panic. You could hear the fudge chuckling and the sound of screaming in the back.

"Well, love to help you again sometime! Bye!" Jax walks off shamelessly to the portal. He grabs you by the arm dragging you along with him. "Let's ditch the place, baby."

On the other side of the portal Caine is there to greet them.

"Welcome back! My little hard-shelled hamburgers!" What...

Gummigoo walks while taking a good look at the place. "So, this is the circus, huh? I could get used to this."

Caine notices Gummigoo. "-Oop! Looks like one of these guys made it through."
He snaps his fingers.
"-Wait what—Blagh!" Gummigoo explodes. Into confetti. Gummigoo is gone. Gummigoo is not coming back.

Pomni stares in absolute horror. "-W-W-Wait- wha—?"

"I know you guys love your NPC's, but if I start losing track of who's human and who's an NPC who knows...what could happen..."
Caine explains looking very scared by the end.

This is the part where Pomni does her crazy manic laugh. (It honestly scares me idk abt you.)

"Welp, I'm gonna go drink water! It's been a while since I've done that." Caine declares and  vanishes. (Me too Caine. Me too.)

Zooble comes out from one of the toy structures. "Sheesh, I thought he'd never leave."

"I'm really sorry about that, Pomni. At least you tried." Ragatha said trying to comfort her. "You know, he might be back in a future adventure. I know Caine sometimes likes to reuse NPC's." Pomni didn't respond still seemingly in shock.

Zooble walks up to Ragatha and puts an arm around her shoulder. "Got everything ready."

"-Hey, you at least wanna join us for kaufmo's funeral?" Pomni breaks out of her shock when Ragatha said that. "We like to have a little funeral service to remember the people who abstract."

You look at Jax who was crossing his arms trying to look all tough, but you see for a moment the flicker of sadness in his eyes. It comes as fast as it goes. He huffs and starts to make his way back to his room. "Jax, wait for me!" He stops in his tracks signaling for you to catch up with him. You run up to him and hug his arm. He sighs and kisses you on the forehead before leading you to his room.

"This one just got pushed around a bit with your arrival and everything." Ragatha continues but sadly watches Jax and y/n walk away.

"It's the least we can do to honor their memory." Kinger joins in.

During the funeral everyone takes part in sharing stories they have about kaufmo. Good and bad memories that were all worth sharing. Some cried, some didn't, but in the end Pomni to see how much they all cared for their friend. That made her smile. Maybe things weren't so bad after all.