Chapter 6

"Hello?" I answer my phone half sleep. "What you doing?" "I was sleeping." "Take a ride with me." "Where you at?" "Pulling up outside." I climb out of bed and put my shoes on. I grab my phone and go out the door. "Good morning." August greets.

"Its morning alright." I say buckling up, "Where are we going August?" "A mini road trip." "To?" "South Carolina." "For?" "A trip. Sit back and ride." "I didn't bring clothes or my wallet." "If need be I'll buy you some. Whatever you need I gotchu." "If you say so Aug."

"Toya said she can testify too." "Cool. I'm glad the judge couldn't make it to court yesterday. I needed the day off." "You have been looking tired lately. What's been up?" "I don't know. I'm not really sleeping like that."

"Why?" Because every time I do I'm having wet dreams about us that feel real as hell. "I'm not sure. It may just be time for a new mattress, pillows, or something." "Oh okay."

We get there hours later. I'm still wondering why are we even here. "We're about to go meet Mr. Smith's cousin." "August are you out of your fucking mind?" "No I'm in my right mind." "What are trying to do?" "Calm down. My old connect knows him." I think my eyes are literally going to pop out of my head. "August!" "Chill I have everything covered."

"We aren't 16 anymore. You can't just go around dragging me along to fucking drug deals." "Maliyah this isn't just a drug deal, he's providing us with some information about that fuck nigga." "Oh my God." "If your not comfortable with this I can just get a room and let you stay there while I go make the deals." "I can't believe you." "What you wanna do Maliyah?" "I'll go but I'm sitting in the car." "That's fine."

We get to some house and across the street from it is a corner store with a group full of niggas outside the door. Ugh. Do niggas not have anything better to do with their time. "August." "What's up?" "Walk me that store." "You can't go by yourself." "I don't want to go by myself." He chuckles, "Ain't nobody gone bother you." "August pleaseee." "Come on." He says getting out.

We walk over as I get stared down, August says what's up them as we walk through. Finally making it inside the store I grab some chips and a juice. "You want something?" I ask August as I dig in my pocket for a five. "I got it." He says adding his stuff to the counter. "What's up my man?" He says to the guy. The guy smiles and say hello. August grabs the bag and we leave out.

"You good now?" "Yes thank you." I say as I get back in the car. "I'll be out in a few." "Okay." I'm glad his windows are tinted. I open my chips and juice. 20 minutes later August comes back. "I thought I was going to have to come in there and get you." "Nah we good." "What's that?" I ask looking at a bag. "Pure cocaine." "August. Really? What you plan on doing with that?" "I have a daughter to feed and money don't make itself." "I could help you."

"You done enough already." "I rather know your getting legitimate money rather than dirty money." "Maliyah its cool I got this." "Okay August." "But I really appreciate the offer." "How is her leg doing?" "It's alright. She's in a cast. It's broken." "Damn." "I know but she's a trooper so it doesn't hold her back any." "I can believe it. She's adorable." "Thank you."

"So I have to meet with another connect later on tonight. So we're getting a room for the night." August says. "Oh that's great." "Smart ass." "I didn't do anything." I say laughing. "Yeah, yeah."
We get to the Westin. Once we make it to the room. I text Sheree and Monique, I know they are probably wondering where I'm at. "Well unless it's something you want to do until tonight we're in here." "Sounds good. I'm going to sleep this bed is so comfortable." He laughs, "Sleep tight."

I fall asleep and wake up hours later. "Sleep good?" August asks. "I guess." "What were you dreaming about?" "Why you ask that?" "Just asking." "It's a reason why." "You were moaning." Oh God.

"Hmm really?" "Yes." "Oh um well then." I say shifting on the bed feeling awkward as hell. "Want to tell me what you were dreaming about?" "I'd prefer not to talk about it. Don't we have a dinner or something to get ready for?" He laughs, "You can tell me anything Maliyah."

"Some things you don't need to know." "That's not fair what happen to best friends forever?" "We can still be that but I'm not tell you what I was dreaming about." "Maliyah." "Drop it August." "Was it about me?" "Maybe, maybe not." "Just tell me." "Nooo."

He was about to say something else but his phone rings. "What up?... Yeah see you in 10." He hangs up. "I still don't think you should be doing this." "I know and I'm grateful for your concern but a nigga got to do what he has to do. I bought you something to wear to dinner."

We get to the restaurant and Aug spots the guy. I still can't believe he's doing this but what can I possibly do when he makes his mind up on shit it's set in stone. I'll find some kind of way to help him out, I can't see my boy go down again for some shit as petty as drugs. I just pray it's no one following us still. Especially while we're down here doing shit. "Mr. Lopez." "Hello Mr. Alsina." "Well be taking our dinner to go. Follow me." I look at Aug. Something about this didn't feel right. He looks back at me.