Chapter 17

"August Alsina." We walk into an interrogation room. "Where is your daughter?" "In the hall with my cousin." I say speaking for him. "Your cousin?" "Agent Wright." The woman detective smirks. "I'm sorry I didn't catch you names Agents." "I'm agent Robert and this is Agent Jackson." I look at the woman and try to figure out why she looks familiar.

"We have evidence that the house over on Hollywood Drive is yours." "Evidence such as?" I ask. "Pictures." "Let's view them shall we." They spread the pictures out. "Your client has been seen walking in and out." "That doesn't prove anything agent Robert." "It proves your client was there." Agent Jackson says. "That's the only thing it does. He was visiting a friend." She laughs, "Be serious Ms. Wright." "Oh I am Ms. Jackson." "When you searched the house were any ounce of drugs found?" "No but-"

"So one could label this an any old regular house? Possible a jury with half of your intelligence could clearly see one drugs weren't involved in this because there isn't enough time to do anything. If you pay attention to the time stamps my client enters and comes out the same way he went in with only a minute in between. I seriously hope this isn't all you have to go by. You've wasted my time and my clients." "I hear you two spend time together." Jackson says getting up. I laugh, "I'm sorry do you have a question and or statement for pertaining to my client and this so called case?." I ask. She rolls her eyes.

"Mr. Alsina for the safely of your daughter were placing her with the next of kin." "For what?!?" "Well... what do you know he can speak." Agent Jackson says. "August  we'll get her back. Don't worry." "Thank you for your time Ms. Wright and Mr. Alsina." Agent Roberts says. "Please don't call us back in here until you have something solid." "I don't think my father would appreciate the shit one of his top lawyers is involved in. Hopefully that video doesn't surface." "Agent Jackson are you threatening me?" I knew she looked familiar.

"No not at all." "I thought so.. I didn't make it to the top by my looks. I'm good at my job and I do it very well. Please don't make me come for your badge agent." We leave out. "Daddy where are they taking me?" "Damn man." August mumbles before going up to her. "Baby your going to go to grandmas." "I want to stay with you and Maliyah." "Baby you can't but I promise we'll come visit you every chance we get."

It's been a week since Toya's funeral and three weeks since Aliyah was forced to stay with Toya's mother. August says this isn't bothering him but I know him. He didn't know she was even pregnant. After the autopsy was performed it was confirmed she was 2 months. "Come on babe I want this too stop by Toys R Us before we get over there." "Okay I'm coming." I say leaving out the room. He grabs his keys and we leave to the Toy store. August gets her a minion pillow and a Barbie doll.

We get to Toya's mother house. "Hey Daddy." Aliyah says running up to him. "Hey baby girl. We brought you something." He gives her the bag and she comes over to me, "Hey Maliyah." "Hey sweets." She laughs. We walk into the house. "August you have some nerve bringing this woman to my house... first the funeral and now my house." "Hello Ms. Harris." August says sitting in the sofa. She glares over at us. I'm only here because of August and Aliyah.

Ms. Harris walks out of the room. "Look Maliyah." "I see. She's pretty but your prettier." She smiles at me, "Your pretty too." August places his hand in mine. "Thank you babe." "Your welcome." I say smiling at him. "Daddy can we go the movies?" Aliyah asks. "Sure go ask your grandma if it's okay." Aliyah runs off and they both return.

"Where y'all going?" "To the movies up the street." "What movie?" "Don't know yet." "You have until 8." "What's up with the time limit?" "I need my granddaughter back by eight August." "I'll have my daughter back by tonight." "Babe lets just go." "Please listen to your girlfriend and have my granddaughter back by eight or else." We leave out. "Stupid bitch." August mumbles.

We get in the car and head over to the theater. "What movie do you want to see?" "Minions." Aliyah says. August laughs, "I should've known.... 3 tickets to the minions." Aliyah still had her pillow with her, August gives her the ticket and passes me mine then grabs my hand. We walk inside and enjoy our movie.

We get out and back to drop Aliyah off. I opt to stay in the car this time after hugging Aliyah goodbye. Ten minutes later August comes back. "That damn lady is worst than Toya was. I see who she got it from." "Aug chill out." "What we gone eat baby?" "I don't know. I'm craving some Mexican food." "Mexican does sound good. That or I'm just hungry." We both laugh. "Yes it does sound good. What was that thank you for you earlier." "Sticking with me though the bs." I smile. My life wouldn't be the same without August.

My phone rings, "Hello?" "What's up cuz? What you up too?" "Nothing much. What's good with you?" "Listen we have a warrant to search your place." "Y'all insist on making me a prime suspect in this shit." "I'm just giving you the heads up." "Thanks but I don't need it. I don't have anything to hide. I hope y'all shit is in order because I won't hesitate to read the shit all the way through before letting y'all asses in my damn house." I hang up. I don't have time for this shit.