𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

Arzo

After a long and tiring day at university and at work, I’m ready to go home and sleep for hours.

So when I reach home, I quickly make my way to my room to shower and change.

After I’m done showering and changing into some comfortable clothes, I plop on the bed, ready to sleep.

“Beta, are you home?”

I lift my head at ammi’s voice and soon she slowly opens the door, revealing herself.

Assalamu Alaikum,”

“Wale kum Assalam,” ammi says, smiling, “how was your day?”

I sit up, “it was tiring,”

“Oh, okay.” she says, still smiling.

I stare at her for a bit then sign, “Is there something you want to tell me?” I sign.

“Well, I’m waiting for your abbu to come so he can tell you.”

“Tell me what?”

“You’ll know.” her smile doesn’t budge which makes me so confused.

I’m about to ask her if she’s doing okay when we hear abbu’s voice calling her.

“I’m in Arzo’s room.” ammi says then after a moment abbu also enters my room.

Assalamu Alaikum, beta.”

Wale Kum Assalam,”

“I’m going to go and recite the Quran now. You two can have a father and daughter chat.” she says with the same big smile then leaves my room.

I look at abbu and sign, “is she okay? She’s smiling so big. It’s suspicious.”

Abbu lets out a soft laugh, “she’s just happy,”

“About what?”

“What I’m going to talk to you about.”

“What is it?”

Abbu takes a seat on my bed, “you know Faizan came over today.” I nod, “He came with a proposal. For you.” abbu smiles, "he wants to marry you."

I stare at abbu, speechless, processing the words he just said.

He wants to marry you.

Without my permission, my cheeks warm up. I just pray that Abbu doesn't see it.

“We are not going to force to accept his proposal.” abbu continues, “you can think about it and we can even arrange a meet up for you two if you want- with me present.”

I nod and sign, “I would like to meet him,” even as I sign the sentence, my cheeks only increase heating up and my stomach does tons of flips.

Abbu smiles, “alright, I will contact him and arrange us to meet.”

“Okay.”

Abbu kisses my head and gets up, “you can rest now, beta.” he says then leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

I quickly grab my sheets and plop my head on my pillow trying my best not to smile at the thought of the proposal but fail miserably.

Uff, Arzo. Get a hold of yourself!

I shake my head, shut my eyes and go to sleep with butterflies in my stomach.

_________

Author's Note:

Hello beautiful people!
I know this was a late update and a very short chapter. 😭I'm sorry, I didn't get the time to update or write much or else I would've given double updates. But don't worry the next chapters will hopefully make up for it <3