3

Winter Solstice Text Chapter 3

    Lu Yan was stuck for a moment when she heard the name Jiang Cheng Yi.

    Although Tang Jie has a harsh personality, her heart is not rough at all.

    She noticed it immediately and quickly said, "Don't say anything yet. I know what you will say - 'This is not easy. If you don't go, it will be over.'"

    Lu Yan secretly rolled her eyes, she was worthy of being a bad friend for many years.

    She calmly cleared her throat and said another way: "I really can't go tonight. The boss just assigned me a paper. I have to hurry up and check the information."

    Tang Jie said leisurely: "Actually, the class reunion is held every year , it's okay to be absent once in a while, but it's okay for you to use this excuse normally, but it definitely won't work tonight. You know, Ding Jing actually invited the principal of No. 7 Middle School to attend under the banner of celebrating the eighth anniversary of her graduation, including our class. Several class teachers were among them. Since last month, Ding Jing and others have taken turns shouting in the alumni group, asking everyone to make arrangements in advance, and no one is allowed to be absent.

     Lu Yan's mind was at a loss.

    She has joined many groups on WeChat, most of which she was pulled into without her knowledge and only discovered later.

     She was too busy, and except for a few work-related groups, she basically didn't show up in other groups.

    She knew about the high school alumni group Tang Jie was talking about.

     Ding Jing was the group leader and the group was very lively. Hundreds or even thousands of messages could be accumulated in the group in a day. It gave her a headache to look at it more than once.

    How could she have time to look back at the chat? Record.

    "Teacher Zhou was still asking about you in the group last week. I knew you were busy, so I responded for you and said you would definitely go. She was very happy to hear that. She has just recovered from a serious illness, and it was rare for her to come out with us. Back then, she paid so much attention to you when you was studying, so you must be embarrassed not to go."

    Lu Yan brushed her messy hair and said nothing.

    Teacher Zhou was her class teacher in high school. She got thyroid cancer last year and had an operation at the First Affiliated Hospital.

    She had not graduated yet.

   For Teacher Zhou, she specially asked her tutor Yu Bo to perform anesthesia himself.

     After being discharged from the hospital, Teacher Zhou recuperated at home. Basically in a semi-retired state.

    All in all, teachers and students have not seen each other for almost half a year.

    She hesitated for a moment, then pressed the hands-free button and stood up.

    Walking to the bathroom, she squeezed out the toothpaste and started brushing her teeth in front of the mirror.

    Tang Jie continued on the phone: "It's less than five o'clock now. The party is scheduled to be held at Jinhai KTV. I'm still on the way back from the airport and will enter the city soon. I've explained to you clearly the cause and effect. Ding Jing is probably there this time. You are ready to come, you have to think about whether to go or not. If you go, just give me a call and I will drive to your house to pick you up."