12

Winter Solstice Text Chapter 12

    It was getting late, so they made notes. After a few words of warning, the two police officers prepared to leave.

   As they left, they did not forget to greet Jiang Cheng Yi: "Captain Jiang, let's come together."

    Jiang Cheng Yi put down his water glass and stood up from the sofa.

    Lu Yan and Tang Jie arrived at the door.

    Both of them were a little buzzing.

   What happened tonight was too creepy.

    They had never encountered it before.

     After struggling until nearly two o'clock, they were already exhausted.

    Perhaps because they were afraid of disturbing the public, the two police officers deliberately lowered their voices as soon as they went out, and tried to be as slow and gentle as possible when going down the stairs.

    After walking for a while, the two turned around and found that Jiang Cheng Yi was still standing still.

    "Captain Jiang?"

    Jiang Cheng Yi took out his cell phone and looked at it, staring ahead and said, "That person may come back. If you don't want to be frightened, you'd better find a different place to live tonight."

    This was said without any beginning or end.

     Lu Yan and Tang Jie thought about it and realized that Jiang Cheng Yi was telling them.

    After being stunned for a few seconds, Lu Yan turned around and ran into the house, changing clothes and packing her belongings as quickly as possible.

    Tang Jie originally wanted to ask Jiang Cheng Yi to wait, but Jiang Cheng Yi didn't seem to hear her and quickly went downstairs.

    She stood in the doorway, staring at the empty stairwell.

    As soon as the three figures disappeared, the eyes immediately returned to deathly silence.

    In the dark corner, it seemed as if a pervert could jump out at any time.

    She said "ouch" and quickly went into the house to help Lu Yan pack her things.

    The two closed the door and came out, and went down the stairs in a panic.

    There was no one at the door of the unit, the alley was as silent as a tomb, the moon was as pale as a curved shadow, and the street lights looked dimmer than usual.

    The two of them walked in the alley, their hearts pounding.

    Fortunately, the hospital was right in front, and the emergency room was brightly lit.

   As they approached, they heard voices and coughs coming from the front.

     The two of them felt as if they had stepped from the underworld into the human world, and they breathed a sigh of relief.

    Standing at the alley, the two of them discussed where to go.

    They changed their minds several times and finally decided to stay in a hotel.

    "Let's find a quick hotel nearby."

     Lu Yan suggested.

    Tang Jie objected: "Why stay in an express hotel? Isn't there a Marriott near your hospital? It's not far from here. You don't even need to drive a car, just walk there."