41

Winter Solstice Text Chapter 41

    The door was closed, but Jiang Cheng Yi still stood still.

    Lu Yan had no way to retreat and was forced to stick to him.

    His breath was right on the top of her head, soft and hot, itching so much that the hairs on the back of her neck stood up quietly.

    "What are you doing Jiang Cheng Yi?"

    This time it was her turn to ask him.

    Her voice was very low, and her soft breath seemed to blow through her clothes and onto his skin.

    He stared at her.

    Her cheeks were flushed because she was taking a bath, and her eyes reflected the snow-like crystal lamp above her head, as full as water.

    He tried hard not to let his eyes slide down her neck: "Your mother still lives in Maple Garden?"

    "Yes."

    "It's quite far, it takes an hour to drive there."

    "Yes."

    "We have to go there tomorrow . Went over for lunch."

    "Yes. What's wrong?"

    "Go to bed early."

    Oh, that makes sense.

    Lu Yan nodded cooperatively, and before she could speak, he held her hand and dragged her to his room.

    There was only one bed and two sofas in such a large room. The sheets were changed to white sheets in the afternoon, and the warm yellow bedside lamp illuminated it, making it even more comfortable and warm.

    Hearing the sound of the door closing behind her, she suddenly felt that the air was unusually stuffy.

    "Jiang Cheng Yi."

    "Yeah."

    "I'm thirsty."

    "There's water over there."

    She turned around and saw, sure enough, there was a glass of lemonade on the bedside table.

    She walked to the bed and sat down, picked it up and took a sip.

    Her throat was still dry and she couldn't help but drink half the glass.

    She wanted to drink more, but suddenly her hand was empty.

    He took the cup and drank the remaining half of the water.

    "I'm still thirsty," she protested.

    He grabbed her wrist and pulled her to sit on the sofa: "Fall down later."

    Her head rested on his chest, but her heart tightened inexplicably.

    If she read it correctly, in addition to desire, there was also clearly discernible restraint in his eyes just now.

    The two completely different emotions were strangely intertwined.

    Her premonition was always accurate, and sure enough, she heard him say the next second: "I have something to tell you."

    Jiang Cheng Yi's voice was very low, and when he spoke, a clear tremor came from the chest wall.

    Due to years of clinical habits, with her eyes closed, she knew where the apex of his heart was, so she put his ears to that spot accurately, counted the pulse of his life, and said softly: "Okay."