little lunas

The evening ended quietly as everyone made their way to their rooms and turned in for the night. Sitting on her bed, she's stared at them window. As the moonlight danced to cross the floor boards. She heard a soft meow looking down. She smiled and scooped her tiny kitten into her lap.

“ Oh tig. how I wish my life was as easy. Eat sleep snuggle, repeat no I eat. Occasionally sleep , fight with arrogant females. Work work work, no play. I can't wait for this summit to be over. Then maybe I'll take a vacation. A nice long family vacation all of us on some beach somewhere relaxing, not a care in the world. “

Rubbing her fingers softly under the kitten's chin. She stared back out at the window. Sometimes, she wishes life with this easy. As there's arrogant lunas, make it out to be shopping with friends cuddling with their mates. She wished life was just simple, but it's not .

Standing up, she placed a small critter in her hands on her bed and walked toward the window, leaning her forehead on the cold glass. She stared down at the sunbeam's dancing across the water. She felt deep in her bones and would be another restless night. For her with a deep sigh, she kicked off. Her heels slipped on her fluffy slippers and made her way out of her room towards her office. If she couldn't sleep, at least she could get some work done.

For hours, she worked at her laptop, clicking away at the keys until her eyes fell heavy leaning back in her chair. She looked up at the ceiling, and slowly, she drifted off into a blissful darkness…

Bang bang bang

“cara!!” She heard shouting from the other side, jumping to her feet. Her heart pounded her chest. She pulled up in the door only to be met with several sets of worry eyes.

“ What the fuck” Emily muttered pushing her way into caras office The rest filing in behind her.

“ We've been all over looking for you. “Evelyn said flopping down into her chair behind her desk “ You missed Breakfast” austin grumbles As he looks her up-and-down still in the dress from the night before. But fluffy slippers on her feet.

A deep sigh comes from behind his as Miguel walks over Next, evelyn and places his hand on the top of her head petting her hair softly, Looking at cara he smiles softly “ You OK cara bear.” Rolling her eyes, she shakes her head and looks around the room at her very worried family.  “ Yes i'm fine why wouldn't I be I just came to get some work done”

She whispers as she walks toward her desk and leans her hip on to looking around with a smile at all of them.

Austin pinches the bridge of his nose And takes a deep breath as he moves closer to emily and Takinga  deep breath of her hair.

“ We were all just worried you didn't come for breakfast. You weren't in your room. Nobody had seen you since the party last night. And we weren't well. We weren't sure how you accepted or took. Finally rejecting him after everything he's put you through.” Austin says the last part Softly everyone around the room nods

A soft giggle escapes her lit. So she covers her mouth and looks around the room.

” I'm fine, I'm really fine. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Finally rejecting him and before any of  you ask yes, Someday I will remove this necklace. And I'll find my second chance me. But not until I'm ready not until. I know that the person is really meant for me. Who wont see me this weak Or broken, because I am none of that I am strong, I am loved and I am truly blessed with all of you in my life. I thought I only had my Uncle and my sister and maybe someday I find my parents. if They were still alive but none of that matters. Because I have you guys. I don't need a mate to make me feel loved. You guys do it every day and I love you guys for that”

In a quick movement everyone's surrounded her and In Gulf, term in a giant bear hug giggles filled the room. As everyone just helped tight to her. We love you too several whispered as they held on to her..

“ Let's get to work, get this summit over with and all of us going on vacation, please.” She giggled looking over her shoulder at Miguel. Who was right next to her with evelyn She giggled looking over her shoulder at Miguel. Who was right next to her with evelyn pined between them.

Several I agrees filled the room as miguel laughed “ Find fine fine, let's go whips and lunas and betas in alphas and gammas in the shape. And then we're all going on vacation somewhere sunny and bright. A beach we're going to the beach. It's decided. Let's finish this stupid Summit and go to the beach”

Laughter filled the room as they all piled out heading in their own directions. To get ready for the day bright smile filled caras face as she walked toward her room.

Dressing quickly in a business attire Purple so that I was heels clicked. As you walked quickly towards the conference room where the lunas were being taught. Today, the room was full of whispers as she made her way to top of stage Placing her stuff down, she sat next to Evelyn and smiled.

Meaning and she whispered “ The show is all yours i'm just here is backup” She said with a wink As she pulled out her laptop. Looking over the top of the screen she glanced around the room. Several of the lunas had their heads together whispering and pointing. At her rolling her eyes she sighed to herself

“ This better not be a shit show”

Evelyn made quick work discussing how a luna can properly assist her pack. From simply being a host to a party to calming her mate, even helping with negotiations. Evelyn with doing a wonderful job. But when it came to it, questions is when all the shit hit the fan..

“ I have a question luna queen” A whining high pitched voice Squeak from the back of the room making echo off the walls..

“ If a true mate bond is so important why did the la luna reject hers” The woman asked with a smuggle look on her face. Looking up Cara Rolled her eyes and stood up quickly looking around the room.

“ It's true I did reject mine “ She says putting her hands on her hips as she stares down the luna in  question.

Of course, dawn, what trying start some bull . But she was missing with the wrong girl.

“ Yes, a mate bond is very important. It is engraved in us that whatever the moon gotta blesses us with. We should truly be happy with but “

Cara Walks down the stage and stops at the first steps leaning her hip On it she smiles at all the lunas..

“But It should also be treasured on both sides. I am pretty sure The goddess herself teaches each of us a lesson with our mates. Some are just perfect from the start. Others, it takes time and some aren't just meant to be. I am one hundred percent sure inmy soul that the moon goes would not want you to stay with a man who physically hurts you or emotionally hurts you.. In your mate's eyes, you should be everything. Perfect from the beginning, perfect from head to toe. Everything about you should be wonderful to him. And if he doesn't see it that way, then it's not meant to be. It was a lesson meant to be learned.”

Cara smiles at dawn as Dawn sit back in her seat quietly chewing her bottom lip.

“ Now does anybody have questions about what we actually discussed? Or would somebody like to blatantly Ask me what he did to methat I rejected  him so easily? Because if that's the question I can say here all day and answer it. If not, I have to get to the other side of the hall to help the gammas now.”

Every luna in the room except for evelyn bowed their head In submission, no other questions were asked. As cara stood up from the desk and walked back toward evelyn. “ Got it from here sister” Cara Ask evelyn with a wink.

“ right as rain my beautiful la luna” Evelyn smiles attempting to Suppress a giggle.

Gathering up all of her stuff. She makes her way out the door and across the hall. Oh goodie time for the gammas…