Chapter 5: Love or Hate?

Preview:

I just stayed there seeing him leaving. I turned around to see James and Amelia making out. "Amelia I wanna go back to the hotel." "How? I brought you here." James said. "It's okay I'll walk." "Are you sure? Maybe Travis can give you a lift- Wait where is he?" "He left." He nodded.

I got out of the bar. I was walking for over half an hour. Damn why is it that far? A car pulled over. I panicked. I started running. I heard footsteps behind me. Oh my god he is chasing me!

Suddenly I felt a hand grabbing me. My body fell onto a hard chest. I screamed. "Shh it's me." He said and hugged me.

And I knew exactly who it was...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lexie's POV~

Without thinking I turned around and slapped him. "You scared me." "What was that for? Look.. I'm sorry. Why did you leave alone?" "I wanted to walk." "I will give you a lift."

"What if I don't want you to give me a lift?" "Hmm.." He smirked at me, grabbed me and lifted me up. "Let me go! You sick idiot!" "You know I love you too." He said sarcastically.

We got in his car. We arrived at the hotel I'm living at after 15 minutes. "Thanks." I murmured as I opened the car door. "Are you mad at me?" Actually I was. He left me at the bar without even telling me why plus he carried me like I wasn't a human being. "Maybe." "Why?" "You don't know? Let me remind you that you left without saying a goodbye." I didn't mention what happened before.

He looked around like he was thinking of an excuse. "I-I.."He confused his words. "It's ok. It seams you got bored." I got out and headed to my room. I was tring to hold my tears back. "Hey! I never said you're boring. I just needed a minute to think." He said as he ran after me. "Think of what?"

He looked around again. "Travis just let go." "No.. Can I come in?" He asked. "No, you can't." I got in my room and closed the door behind me. "I won't leave if you don't let me in!" He screamed. "Leave!" "Nope!" Damn what's wrong with him? I opened the door and let him in.

"Thank you. You're very kind." He smirked. I couldn't hold back my laughter. "You should smile more often." He said and looked straight at my lips.

"Why?" I felt hypnotized. "You look gorgeous, when you laugh." Something inside me melted.

He took a step closer to me. We were so close that I could feel his breathe against my face. "Thanks." I murmured. My voice got deeper. I hope he didn't notice how much he affects me.

"You are welcome." His eyes were focused on my eyes now. I looked down. "I can offer you a drink.?" I made it sound like a question. "Yeah sure do you have wine?" "Yes, I do." "Thank you."

~*~

We were sitting in bed. "So tell me about you." He told me as he crossed his arms on his chest. "I am a teacher. I love kids in general you know. I live in NY but my parents are Greek. Skyros is my homeland." I said. "I see." "What about you?" "Well I was born in Creta, but ... we moved here in Skyros some years ago."

I was sure that there was a reason for moving here, but I didn't ask him. "I am a fisherman. My dad taught me fishing when I was 10." "Wow." "You find it fascinating?" He laughed.

"Yes! I love sea!" "Yes, but a fisherman doesn't look at the sea." He said sarcastically. "Whatever tough cookie!" He smiled. It was an honest smile. The most of the time he smirks or gets angry. I like his smile. That honest one.