Chapter 8: Beauty and the Beast!

~Previously~

I put my head on his chest and heard his heart beating. "Baby I want to tell you a story..." My heart skipped a beat when he called me that and I was sure he was gonna talk to me for his father.

"Ok..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lexie's POV~

"James told me that you know about my father's death." I nodded. "Ok then. Well I grew up in Crete, in south Greece. My life was wonderful until my father diagnosed with cancer. Doctors couldn't do anything. He died when I was 20." His eyes watered. "You don't have to continue." I said.

"No I want you to know... Well I always wanted to become a doctor so I could find a cure for rare illnesses, but aparently I didn't cause I had to work and help my mother. I didn't have time for college." I was really sad. "I am sorry... I really don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say something. I just wanted you to know." I nodded. "I live with my mother since then. I don't want to let her alone. We came here in Skyros trying to move on." "I see. Don't worry. I'm sure your mother is really proud of you, because you're a lovely guy and a great son."

He smiled and kissed me. It was a different kiss. It was full of pain and love. "Should we go back? We promised James and Amelia to have lunch all together." He missed and we headed back.

~*~

"Lexie pass me the salad." Amelia said. We were having lunch at a cute restaurant. "Here you go." I said as I gave her what she asked for. "You told her?" James whispered to Travis in Greek, but I heard him. "Yes, I did. She was ok with it is not like Miranda." Miranda? Who's Miranda? He never mentioned her.

"Lexie?" My thoughts were interrupted by Amelia. "Yes?" "Are you ok? You haven't said a word." "No everything is fine." She nodded and continued eating. "I heard she's in the island." James was still talking in Greek with Travis. Who the heck is that girl? And why they keep talking about her? "I saw her, but this chapter is closed I'm with Lexie now." Travis said and my heart melted.

"Baby they have ice-cream here. Do you want some?" He asked me. "Sure." "I want some too!" Amelia shouted. "Ok ok" Travis said. After our ice-cream came, Travis sat next to me and started feeding me. "Travis I can eat it by myself." I said and laughed. "No, I wanna feed my woman." He said and laughed too.

"Travis I thought you wanted a woman by your side not a stupid little girl." A voice said. I turned around to see a woman around 30. I knew her... It was that beautiful woman Travis was looking at when we first came. "Are you lost? Why aren't you talking? Oh no Travis you found a foreign girl? Come on." She continued in Greek.

Amelia was just looking at her with fear. Travis frozed. He wasn't speaking. "Actually I speak Greek and watch your attitude." I told her. "What do you want here, Miranda?" Travis said calmly. "Can we talk in private?" Travis stood up and whispered me "I'll be back soon baby." He left with her. They were chatting outside. "Who is she?" I asked James. "Miranda is Travis' ex." "I see." I murmured without taking my eyes from Miranda and Travis.

Suddenly Miranda kissed Travis and he didn't try to stop her. "Damn you Travis." I said as I stood up. I got out and slapped him. "Don't dare to talk to me again." "No, it's not what you think." "Yeah whatever you say." I ran back to the hotel. I started crying. I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

"Lexie..." it was Amelia. She took me in her arms. "Why?" I murmured. "Why did he do that?" "Shh he doesn't worth it." "He told me he likes me and now he's back with his ex? What's wrong with him?"