Chapter 7: You Like Me?

~Previously~

"Travis this is getting awkward." "Why?" He was only some cms away from me and I wanted to kiss him so much! He hugged me and leaned in. "Travis this isn't right. We're friends right?" "So you think I wanna be friends with you?" His grin faded.

"I mean.." "well I don't have time for your excuses I have work to do. Excuse me ma'am" he swam away before I could say a word. "Damn! Why did I say that? Why did I friendzone him?

I have to do something...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lexie's POV~

"Travis wait! I didn't mean that." He acted like no one talked and got back to his boat. "Don't act like this. Let me explain!" I shouted. He looked at me without talking. He gave a hand and helped me get out of water. "I have a towel somewhere" He looked around and found it. "Here." "Thanks" I murmured. "We need to talk."

"No, you were clear I am only a friend to you." He said and looked away. I say next to him and touched his face. My move forced him to look at me. "I am not good at this but I think I like you." I confessed. It's the first time I do that. I have never said to a man that I like him. I am too shy to do so. But I don't wanna lose him.

"Lexie I..." I didn't let him finish. "Sorry I should go." I was sure he was gonna say he doesn't feel the same. "Wait." He was behind me. He hugged me and face was in the crack of my neck. I felt a small kiss there. "I like you too." He whispered. I felt so happy. "For real?" "Yes. I liked you since the very first time I met you. You know when you were checking me out." He teased me.

"Sorry man, but you are really handsome I couldn't resist." I said laughing. He laughed too and turned me around. His eyes were sparkling. "Can I kiss you princess?" "Yes.." His soft lips touched mine. "Can I get you out? We have a lot to talk about. Don't you think?" I nodded. "Go back to the hotel I'll come and you around 10am."

"OK." We gave a goodbye kiss and I left with his towel still on me, because he said he doesn't want his princess get a cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Travis' POV~

After finishing fishing I was back at the harbor. Mr Michael was there. "Hello Michael." "Finally you didn't call a mister." He laughed. "How can I help you?" "I learnt ms Papadopoulou is here. Have you met her?"

What's bad in small towns like here. Is that everyone knows everything, but that's the magical thing in villages, we are all a family. "Yes." "Really? What you think?" "She's beautiful, clever and sweet." "Hmm I was sure it was her the wowan I saw you kissing with earlier. " "when? What?" "Don't get me wrong Travis you're like my son and I want you be happy. So I have my eyes on you hehehe."

That man really stood up for me when I lost my father so I can't be mad at him. "It's ok Michael." "Now go get as handsome as you can and get that girl." "OK ok I will go." I waived him for goodbye and went to my home. "Travis darling you are home?" "Yes, mum I'm back."

"You want to eat something?" "No, I am fine thanks." "OK." "I have a date later." "Really? When will I meet her?" "Soon I guess. She's what I was looking for." She came right in front of me and hugged me. "Your dad would be really proud of you." "He is Mom." I said and missed her forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lexie's POV~

As I was heading back at the hotel I was thinking of him. I smiled. What if Travis is my future husband? Oh come on stupid.. I just met him.. I shouldn't share with him my stupid idea of getting married before 30.