»»» 𝔵.𝔦𝔦𝔦

✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠ ——— ✠

𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

The Carter Estate was a grand building that sat in a lovely, well maintained acre of land in the prestigious neighborhood of Hampstead. It was a place of history, having cultivated a long line of world-impacting individuals who had provided an undeniable service to the world time and time again.

It was where Peggy Carter, founder of S.H.I.E.L.D. and agent of the SSR, had grown up. While it had originally been passed down to her older brother Michael and his family, it eventually found its way to her newly married granddaughter Elizabeth Carter, graduate of George Washington University with a degree in Law. With her experience in criminal justice, having interned at S.H.I.E.L.D. and the FBI, she'd picked up a fruitful career at Interpol where she continued to build a reputation free from the expectations that came from her well-respected family.

Both her and her grandmother had advocated for the twins when they were made to stand on trial before the World Security Council, defending their right to a normal life as teenagers, as much of a normal life they could manage with their abilities and upbringing. It seemed an impossible task during a time where many enhanced were not accepted, punished for simply being, but Liz Carter had managed to do just that. 

So, the decision to put Anfisa in her care? Truth didn't even have to think about it twice. 

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed once Liz opened the door for the two women, her eyes darting from the grinning brunette to the baby she held on her hip. Natasha was taken by surprise, though the look of pure excitement on Truth's face told her that, perhaps, she also did not expect their little greeter. 

"Surprise!" Liz leaned forward to give Truth a one-armed hug, even extending the same to Natasha, to her shock. There were little tears on the baby's cheeks, but once he saw the two strangers his face erupted into the biggest grin, kicking his chubby little legs and arms in excitement. Truth smiled back, making a funny face that had him giggling, and Natasha held back her own smile at the interaction.

"Oh, you are such a suck up," Liz said to the baby, though his attention was completely on Truth and Natasha, looking between them both like he couldn't decide who was more interesting. Liz rolled her eyes, giving the two a look as she held the door open wider for them to step inside. "He was making a whole big fuss about nap time for the past ten minutes, and now look at him."

Truth chuckled as she took off her coat, taking Natasha's jacket from her as well before hanging it up on the rack by the door.

"He didn't want to miss out on all the fun," she joked, turning to scrunch her face up at the baby, who laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world, the three adults infected with contagious smiles. "Liz, this is Natasha Romanoff. Natasha, this is Elizabeth Carter and, if I'm not wrong, little Isaiah?"

"Yes, it is," she confirmed as she sneakily sidled closer to her, her son seemingly in on the plan as he stretched, his little hands gripping the sleeve of Truth's shirt. "Yup, there we go. You've been chosen."

"Oh," Truth said as she somehow found herself with a baby in her arms, Liz saluting her as she looped her arm through Natasha's as though they were old friends, leading her down the hall. "Oh, and now she's stolen Natasha." She looked down at Isaiah, who just stared at her with his mouth wide open in a smile, reaching a hand up to play with her hair. "Your mama's so silly," she said to him as she moved to follow the other two women. "But, what's this I hear about you avoiding nap time, little guy?"