Chapter Eleven

It's been a week since I've been in France. I've been having the best time sitting around reading books in gardens, tanning by the beach during my mom's beach photoshoots, partying with Derek , going to operas and shopping sprees with my mom. And not forgetting the food. I was really living it up, that for a while I forgot all my problems.

I've been avoiding talking to Ashley and Dan because I knew they would want to know why I had left so suddenly and I didn't have the answers since I myself didn't know why I had left. Especially with the way I had struggled to find enrolment mid semester and how behind I was with most courses.

I was frowning at my phone when my mom set opposite me and said
"Ok that's enough, tell me what's wrong." She demanded.
"I don't know what you are talking about." I said.
She sighed and said "I know you baby, this whole week you haven't been fully yourself, what's wrong ?" She asked.
"Nothing is wrong mom, it's just that I'm too behind in all my courses and I was too tired of trying to catch up, so I needed a break." I lied.
She looked at me for a while, before saying "ok then, so did you get the break you needed?."
"Yes, I'm even considering flying back at the end of this week." I said.
She nodded and said, "just know that if things are not going well you can always pull out. Besides, you have my looks so many modeling agencies will be fighting to hire you." She said jokingly because she knew I hated the idea of being a model. I just rolled my eyes at her and she laughed.

"I heard you will be leaving soon." Derek said, going straight to the point as usual.
"Yes, if I stay here one more week I will not want to leave." I said smiling up at him.
"Good, then stay one more week." He says, "your mom is getting too old for me, I have no one else fun to party with besides you." He complained sitting next to me on the pool lounger where I was sunbathing.
I laughed and said, "don't let her hear you mentioning her with the word old next to it." I said,      " besides, what about the hot boyfriend?" I asked.
"I said someone fun, not sexy." He says winking at me sideways.
I started laughing getting up saying,
"Let me grab a quick shower then you can do my makeup and dress me up so we can paint Paris red."

A few hours later, I was dressed in a two piece sequin outfit and Derek had topped it with a silver wig to match his hair and we both had sparkling eyeshadows. We went to some exclusive party that Derek had somehow managed to get an invite from. We drank and danced as if it was our party without a care in the world. Derek really knew how to bring out my fun side despite our age difference. It's like he ages backwards, thanks to botox and his half Asian genes, according to him.

A few mojitos later, I went to the bathroom and took out my phone going straight to Instagram and accepting Kyle's follow request. I started taking some mirror selfies before uploading one to Instagram with a caption that says mojitos in Paris. I put my phone back in my clutch bag and reapplied my lipstick before going back to the party. We danced and drank all night before calling it quits and getting a taxi back to our hotel.

"Wake up Anne, I truly try to understand you and Derek sometimes but it's like you both lose some brain cells as soon as you see each other." she complains whilst trying to get me to wake up. I groaned and sank more into bed trying to pull back the bed covers. "I've called room service to be here in fifteen minutes." She says checking her ridiculously expensive gold watch that she got as a wedding gift from her new husband who was some business tycoon that I had only met once before the wedding and a few times after.           "I want you out of the room before then, me and Derek will be waiting for you in the hotel dining area." She ordered, walking out without waiting for my response.

I walked into the hotel dinning area and spotted them easily. Derek was wearing some dark shades and a huge scarf covering almost most of his face. It was so unlike him and if  I wasn't  experiencing my worst case of hangover I would have made fun of him.

I slowly dragged my chair, the sound making me moan in protest as I set down. My mom looked at me in annoyance and said,
"seriously Anne, can't you just drag your chair silently and sit down well like a normal lady."        Derek hummed in agreement and she turned to him still annoyed and said,       "how about you take off those glasses and that hideous scarf, you are making a spectacle of yourself!"
Derek slowly took off his scarf and kept his glasses on.                                                "And the glasses too Derek, we are inside!"  She scolded                                    "Oh come on, no one cares that I'm wearing my sunglasses inside" he complained.                           
She just went on starring pointedly at him, and he said "Okay!' and removed them and placed them on the table. I reached out and took them and wore them and Derek chuckled whilst my mom grabbed them off my face.                "You both need to grow up!" She snapped at us, making Derek laugh forgetting his hangover for a while before instantly regretting it.                                                                                            " And you, are you not supposed to be her role model? What were you thinking letting her drink like that?" She asked Derek.                                          "Jeez, relax  Ana, the girl is almost twenty one." He says to my mom, just as the waiters brought our food, "she's old enough to have a drink and we both know she is very responsible."                  He continued sending me a wink.

He looked at the food placed in front of him and gagged before getting up to rush out the dinning room. I laughed and took out my phone to record a video that I would use to taunt him later and saw two instagram messages from The_mightyKyle.

I mistakenly opened them as I was trying to expand them so I could read both messages without opening the application.
Oops I thought, before reading them. And they said:
I'm sorry.
I miss you.

What do you guys think of this chapter? I would love to read all your comments.
Ps : don't forget to vote
🫶🏼🫶🏼