Chapter Thirteen

As soon as we entered my room Ashley turned to me and asked
"Ok so what did Kyle do to make you leave like that ?" She asked seriously.
"Nothing, I just needed to visit my mom" I say.
"Don't feed me that bull shit Anne, after you told me how happy you were to be taking a break from your mom's flashy lifestyle, I don't believe that you suddenly woke up and decided you missed it and ran back."
I sighed and said "fine, I saw something that I wasn't supposed to see." I say.
"Okay?" She says questioningly.
I give in and say, " I saw Kyle and some girl on the couch, you know..." I say uncomfortably.
She raises her eyebrows questioningly and says, "for fuck's sake just say it already!" She says frustratedly.
"They were doing the deed on the couch, he saw me and looked straight me in the eye and continued doing it."
"No he didn't." She exclaimed in shock, "I thought he..." she shook her head and said "never mind." Before grinning widely and said, "enough about Kyle, he's more stupid than I thought, now about my goodies from France."
I laughed getting up and walking to my desk where I had placed her gift back.

"Seriously Anne, you really didn't have to." She says with a huge smile whilst spraying her perfume and showing off her new bag.
"Oh yah?" I ask jokingly, "you can just hand them back." I say reaching for the bag I bought her.
"Don't you dare put your hands on my new baby." She says lifting the back out of my reach.
I started laughing getting off the bed were we where both sitting and saying
"Let's go to the dormitories, I want to do a follow up on the accommodation, I don't think I can endure one more day staying with Kyle."
"Yah, I wouldn't want to keep staying with him either if I was you." She says getting up and placing her new gifts back inside the gift bag.

We were crossing the lounge when Kyle opened the door, coming back from the gym looking shiny with sweat.
He looked straight at me, his eyes searching my face as if he was looking for clues for something, before turning to Ashley and saying, " you are leaving already?"
Ashley rolled her eyes and said, "no I'm just going to pick the rest of my stuff from the car so I can move in with you."
Kyle just ignored her and went back to staring at me and asked
"are you going out?"
"Yah" I replied not looking at him.
"What time will you be back home?" He asks.
"I'm not sure" I say starting to walk towards the door.

He grabs my arm, making me stop and I look up at him in surprise. He moved closer, still holding my arm and said "promise me you will be back Anne." He said looking deep into my eyes. I tried to pull my arm away, but he just tightened his grip on my arm, stepping closer and he asked
"You will be back right?"
"Of course I will be back, I don't have anywhere else to stay besides here."
Something flashed in his eyes, then he sighed, releasing me and said
"Okay then, I will be waiting for you."
Before turning to Ashley saying, "tell the guys I'm not coming tonight."
"Good bye to you too Kyle." She says walking to the door with me right behind her.

"What's up with you guys?" Ashley asked as soon as we entered her car.
I raise one eyebrow questioningly and she says,
"Please promise me you will be back home tonight , promise me Anne," she says dramatically imitating Kyle's voice.
I said, "oh that, we were having an awkward conversation before you came." I say, "Anyway let me text Dan to see where he is" I say diverting the conversation, I haven't seen him since I've been back."
She laughed and said, " I know what you are trying to do, but ok let's go find Dan." She says before she increases the car volume and started singing along to a song that was playing on the radio.

We were standing in front of Ashley's car waiting for Dan when Ashton and Greg and some other guys I didn't know showed up. Ashton hugged me lifting me off my feet before doing the same to Ashley and stood next to her.
"What are you guys doing here?" Ashton asked grinning at Ashley who was rolling her eyes at him and saying,
"Nothing much, just patrolling the car park, heard the security wasn't doing its job well."
I laughed at that, Ashley was hilarious.

I noticed Greg staring at me. I looked at him hoping he would look away but he just kept on staring and it was beginning to make me feel uncomfortable.
"What's up Greg?" I say questioningly.
He just kept on staring at me moving closer to where I was standing.
"Where have you been?" He asks.
"What ?" I ask surprised by his question.
"I came around several times the past weeks and you weren't there."
"Oh," I say, " I had traveled."
He went on staring at me for a while before saying, "let's go out sometime when you are free."
I went from surprise to shock, did he just ask me out? The shock might have shown on my face because he moved uncomfortably closer and was about to say something when Dan called out to me. I looked at Dan smiling in relief at his perfect timing. Greg just went on staring at me as I moved away from him going straight to Dan and hugging him and staying by his side until the guys left.

We were walking to the hostels to enquire about the accommodation Dan and Ashley catching me up on what had happened after I left. They were telling me about the fight that had almost taken place between Dan and Kyle over me. I spotted the rector and I ran after him mid conversation.

"Good afternoon sir." I say almost breathlessly.
He looked at me blankly no hint of recognition on his face.
" I'm Anita, Anita Silva." I say.
"Oh miss Silva, how are you, I hope you are enjoying your time here."
"Yes I am, I wanted to ask if there's now an opening in the hostels?"
He looked at me strangely and said, "the school contacted you at the apartment to tell you there was an opening and Kyle said you didn't need it anymore, so we gave it to someone else."
I stood frozen in shock not knowing what to say and he said,
"if you don't mind I have somewhere I have to be in a few minutes." He says walking off.

By the time I recovered from my shock he was already gone.I went from shock to fuming. I didn't notice Ashley and Dan approach me until Ashley waved her hand in front of my face. I looked at her and said,
"I have to go home." I say instantly regretting calling the apartment home since it sounded too final.
"What? Why ?" She asks
"There's something I have to fix." I say and walked off before she could even reply.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I look forward to reading your comments.
Ps. Don't forget to vote 🫶🏼