Chapter Twenty-Four

Been a while since we've updated...sorry about that :3

Angelica and James used their scarabs to hack into the ship's mainframe and find a map to navigate. The deck was two floors above them, and there didn't appear to be any elevators, so both teams had a lot of walking to do. Except for the few of them who had flying powers.

If they encountered any more Shadows assassins or Manta troopers, the two magicians quickly teleported them to the brig with all the others.

After what felt like hours, they reached the bridge of the ship.

"Thank goodness!" Dragonfire yelled, sliding into a pilot's seat to rest her feet. She pulled a USB cord from her computer glove and Robin followed suit, hacking into the steering to navigate a course home.

"Good news!" Robin announced after mere minutes. "At top speed, we'll be back on Earth in a couple hours!"

Everyone cheered, and Dragonfire keyed another command.

"Override, EG5, HOJ/Watchtower. Priority red." She told the voice identification. Now that they were plugged into the main computer, they had a strong enough signal to call the Watchtower.

A little ringing symbol appeared in the middle of her screen, and all the kids peering over her shoulder leaned forward to see what she was doing.

Wendy shrieked and fell backwards, flailing, as an image of the Dark Knight filled the screen.

"Dragonfire, Robin, where are you? Where's the team? The whole League's been out looking for you for hours!"

"We're fine, Batman. Zatara Junior messed up his spell and took us with his team on accident. But it was a good thing, because we ran into The Light."

"Is everyone alright?" Batman asked. Dragonfire smirked at the hint of concern in the fearless Batman's voice.

"Everyone's good, we're all alive, the Light and their forces have been detained, and we've just now taken control of their big spaceship."

As if in response, the ship gave a great lurch forward, and everyone was thrown to the floor.

"Sorry! Still trying to get the hang of this!"

"Was that Robin?" Batman asked, raising an eyebow.

Dragonfire sighed. "Yes, that was him. We'll be home as soon as we can. Dragonfire out." She severed the connection.

Regaining their balance, the two teams had spread out across the bridge, exploring, taking a rest in the comfy, plush seats, or, in Wendy's case, searching for anything edible.

Sandy stood at the viewport next to Garth, blaming herself for urging Zat to say the spell and wishing more than anything that she was back at home, hugging her parents and her little sister. She missed Uncle Jason and Alfred.

She forced herself to breathe. A couple more hours, then she could go home. Doctor Fate would be able to send them back. He had to.

She felt a gentle, finned hand on her shoulder, and looked up at her father. Well, her future father, anyway.

"May I talk to you?" Aqualad asked nervously.

Sandy nodded silently, then looked at her younger brother, as if asking if he would be alright without her for a while.

Garth gestured for her to go on and returned his attention to the colorful display of stars and planets outside the window.

Kaldur didn't want to stray very far, for fear that they wouldn't be able to find their way back. So he lead Sandy to a currently unoccupied corner of the white bridge. Everything was white. The walls, the computers (except their screens), the chairs, the cups for the coffee machine, the coffee machine itself, everything!