Chapter Seven- James' Story.

Pic: James Reyes, aka Brass Beetle II, and Angelica Reyes, aka Blue Beetle II

I own James and Angelica cuz it's my OC and Jaime *sighs like the fangirl i am* -ninjabeetlegirl14

My name is James. I have 3 siblings. All younger. Yup, I'm the eldest. There's my sister Angelica, my 1 year old brother Donatello, and his twin sister Kristie. Our parents are Jaime and Sarah Reyes, the Blue and Brass Beetles. My mom is super techy and figured out how to make scarabs, or at least technology like it, so my sister and i will me the next Blue and Brass Beetles and will work with our parents until they retire. I'm the next Brass Beetle.

I haven't told anyone this, but my mom and dad have guessed this by now. I have a crush on Diana West. She's amazing! And we're into all the same things too. Harry Potter, fantasy, reading...yeah. I'll just stop there

About a year ago- before Donnie and Kristie were born -the Reach returned, sensing new technology like theirs. My parents had been working on ways to counter the way the Reach controlled their scarabs, and had created two scarab prototypes just like the ones they had bonded to their spines. The Reach tracked the tech from about halfway across the galaxy, and broke into our house to get it. Weather to steal it or destroy it I don't know, and I probably won't ever know.

Mom and Dad were out and it was just me and Angelica. We ran and locked ourselves in mom's workroom, which wasn't exactly smart, as there was no escape and we were in with exactly what they wanted.

Angelica suggested we give them what they wanted, and seeing no other way out, I agreed. I took the brass scarab like mom's and she took the blue one like dad's. The next part all happened so fast.

When the Reach soldiers broke down the door, the scarabs crawled up our arms, under our shirts, and burrowed under our skin. I vaguely remember a solider begging for mercy before the scarab took over.

When I finally came too, my mom was shaking me awake and I saw Dad holding Angelica. She was still wearing the armor. The world around me was tinted yellow, and I realized that I was still wearing the armor as well. One good look around the room, and I wanted to barf. About fifteen Reach soldiers lay on the floor.

Dead.

Mom took me and Angelica to the Watchtower for the night while Dad went to look for any signs of Reach activity.

The Reach got away that night. And I know that's not the last I or my family will see of them.