Chapter Nineteen

UPDATE TIME!!! *starts a dance party*

Dragonfire and Garth both lept to the skies, trying to get an aerial view, but a force field just barely higher than the walls of the maze- about six feet high -kept any of the team members with flight powers from escaping.

"Great," Dragonfire muttered to herself. Well, at least the circus was gone, but it was probably gonna give her nightmares for as long as she lived.

She sighed and floated back down to Sandy and Kaldur alongside Garth, "Well, now what?" She asked their "fearless leader," her crush.

But it was Sandy who spoke up, "Well, Garth and I used to spend a lot of time playing around in our grandfather's garden maze when we were younger. Maybe we could find our way out of here?" She didn't want to tell them who their grandfather was quite yet, just as a last-minute attempt to hide their parentage.

"Um...Alright..." Kaldur said uncertainly. What other choice did they have?

Garth mentally heaved a sigh of relief as he and Sandy headed for the exit hopefully they could avoid any awkward questions and-

"Wait a minute," Dragonfire called after them.

Shoot.

"Who is your grandfather?"

Sandy gave her brother a look, "Should we?"

Garth glared back clearly reminding her that Mar'i said not to.

"Mar'i this, Mar'i that! I'm sick and tired of kissing up to her! Just because she can fly she thinks she's better than me!" Sandy thought to herself.

"We can't tell you," Garth said, almost reluctantly.

Kaldur looked like he had remembered something, "When we were trapped in that cage, you called to us as if we were your parents. Are we...?"

"Oh my gosh," Dragonfire whispered, covering her hands with her mouth.

Sandy looked back at Aqualad and Dragonfire, then at Garth, then back again.

"My name is Shaylee Mary Durham, but I am usually referred to as Aquagirl. This is my brother, Garth Thomas, aka Thunder. We have a younger sister named Coral back home, and we are your children."

-------

Meanwhile, Superboy, Miss Martian, Clark, and Marie had discovered the force field, as had everyone else.

"I still have the collar on..." M'gann said.

"So do I," Marie lamented, "I can't make psychic contact with anyone."

"Well, maybe if we head for the center of the maze, we'll come across some of the others or we can meet them there," Clark suggested.

Connor shrugged and looked at M'gann, "Okay," He nodded when no one objected.

They headed out on a trek through the halls, as Connor's strength was still sapped and they couldn't use their x-ray vision.

M'gann constantly found her gaze wandering to Marie. Marie would catch it every so often, and M'gann would return her gaze to in front of them once more.

Marie could feel herself getting sweaty, and it wasn't from any fire. She was nervous. The secret that burned inside her was worse than any fire, and she had to let it out. It wasn't like they didn't suspect anything, Iris had told everyone that the current team was the parents of them and their friends. And since Marie and Clark were the only ones who had kryptonian and martian powers...they had to have concluded by some sort of wild theory...