Chapter Twenty-Five

Dragonfire, meanwhile was sweating up a storm.

What on Earth-- well, on this spaceship, that is --could Kaldur have to say to her?

Well, they were old friends. Very good old friends. But if it was nothing more than just friendship, couldn't he have just talked to her in front of Robin? He'd known Kaldur as long as she had. No, this was something else. Something that most certainly had to do with what Sandy had told the two of them.

"Dragonfire-" Kaldur's voice turned flipped the "on" switch in Emma's mind, and she began to talk just like a nervous Wally.

"Okay, yes, I DO like you. I know you're dating Rocket and all, but I've liked you since I met you. I don't want to make you upset or feel like you have to choose, but-"

Kaldur cut her off in a way she never would have expected. Shaking his head and smiling, he leaned in and kissed her.

Emma was shocked as he pulled away.

"As I believe you say on the surface, 'There are plenty of fish in the sea.' But, Dragonfire, there is only one for me.'"

-------

Two and a half hours later, Clark was the first one to spot it.

"Look!" He cried. Half the kids on the bridge came running over to the spot Clark pointed out the window.

Wally squinted, "I don't see anything."

Connor looked, and then he smiled. "I see it." He assured Clark.

It took a while for everyone else to be able to see it, but soon enough, even Wally could see the approaching planet Earth.

"Home. We're home!" Dragonfire cried. She squealed and hugged Zatanna and Robin, who'd been sticking close together since Mar'i's talk with Rob.

Sandy watched her energetic young mother, smiling as she watched her father take a step closer to her.

Robin and Dragonfire both steered the ship towards the Watchtower, while Wally keyed for a channel with the League.

"Somebody order a pizza?" He asked with the cocky grin when the faces of Superman, Batman, and more than half of the League.

"What is that?" Flash asked.

"We haven't really seen the outside of it." Wally's comment failed  to explain to his mentor. His team crowded around the computer so that their respective mentors could see that they were all well, while their kids stayed back.

"It looks like a Manta Sub." Aquaman informed them, arms crossed over his chest.

"That makes sense, since we basically stole it from Manta and the Light." Zatanna said, nonchalant.

"You what!?" The Watchtower and the sub-turned-spaceship both seemed to shake at the League's unanimous exclamation.

Batman, however, stayed calm and stoic as usual.

"Start talking."

-------

Fifteen minutes, one explanation riddled with interruptions, and a feast fit for two speedsters later, the Manta-Ship was docked in the League's hangar, and the twelve future kids were sitting all lined up on a bench in order from youngest to oldest while their parents and the League studied them. Wonder Woman and Superman were trying to decide the best way to detain the supervillains until transportation to Belle Reve could be arranged, and Batman led the investigation of the future kids.

He examined James and Angelica's scarabs, quizzed Mar'i and Ryan on things only his grandchildren would know, and had The Atom scan everyone's DNA. Flash raced Wendy to test her speed, while Green Arrow tested Diana and Iris's aim. Only someone like Artemis could have taught them to shoot that straight. Martian Manhunter tested Marie and Clark's knowledge of Martian history, as well as the extent of their Martian abilities, and Aquaman did the same for Sandy and Garth.

After another hour or two, the original team was growing impatient. Suddenly, the door flew open, with Atom riding on Doctor Fate's shoulder.

"I have the DNA scans!" Atom cried.

Even Wendy and Angelica went silent. Batman nodded for Doctor Palmer to continue.

Atom took a deep breath. "They're telling the truth. They really are their kids." He absently gestured to the team members sitting opposite their kids and the League.

"But that's not all."

The excited chattering that had sprung up among the League members went silent again as Palmer turned to Zatara-turned-Doctor Fate.

"We have located a spell to send them all home."

Sorry for the insanely cheesy quote at the beginning of the chapter. I couldn't think of anything, and that's all the Rar could come up with. X3

I know you guys love this story, but there's only a few more chapters to go! Don't forget to vote and comment, please! 

~Lizard

and

~Rar