Chapter Thirteen

Pic: Clark J'onnathan Kent, aka Superboy II

The team and their kids didn't wander far before they realized where they were.

"Guys, no one panic, but I'm pretty sure we have Manta troopers patrolling all over this place," Kid Flash informed them.

Sandy and Garth seemed to freeze for a moment.

"Did you say, "Manta"? As in, Black Manta?" Sandy asked.

"Hey, hey, calm down. It'll be okay," Mar'i and Iris both went over and hugged their friend.

"Don't worry, we're probably likely to run into Sportsmaster and Deathstroke if we're dealing with the Light, here," Iris said.

"What's wrong?" M'gann asked.

"Umm...." Cardinal paused.

"Sandy had a pretty unpleasent encounter with Black Manta when she was little," Mar'i told them, thinking fast.

"And what about Sportsmaster?" Artemis asked warily. If it involved her evil jerk of a father, she deserved to know.

Iris gave her a look, and Artemis sighed

"Let me guess," Dragonfire asked, "Time stream?"

"Time stream," Garth confirmed, "Sorry we can't tell you more, we really do want to tell you, but we don't want to risk our families and lives in the future."

"Just forget it, Darkseid has probably invaded and taken over Earth because we came here!" James thought, throwing his arms in the air.

Angelica slapped her brother, hard, "By Darwin's Beard, get your sorry head in the game!" She scolded her older brother.

"Now is not the time to be nervous," Aqualad confirmed.

Marie looked a little nervous, "What if he has?"

"He won't!" Iris, Mar'i and Sandy said quickly.

"Um....guys?" Diana said, begging for attention.

Zatanna looked up and gasped.

"COMPANY!!!!!" Wally and Wendy's warning came a little too late as they ran down the hall ahead of a platoon of Manta's troopers.

"My guess is that they know that we're here," Robin said over the link.

"Any chance of calling the League for help?" Cardinal asked.

Dragonfire turned on her Bat-comm and was met by a burst of static, "Nope!" she informed them, cartwheeling out of the way of a couple lasers.

"Does anyone know where the flip this facility- ship- boat- whatever actually is?!?" Sandy yelled angrily, creating a sheild of water for Iris, Diana, and Artemis to fire their arrows from behind.

"GPS is being jammed," Robin said as his signature laugh filled the corridors and a couple shurikins took out a few troopers.

"We're on our own, then," Zatanna summed up.

"We can still do this! Aqualad, maneuver seven!" Dragonfire commanded. Aqualad cupped his hands low and Dragonfire put her foot in the little platform he created and he launched her over his head towards the troopers. She flew at them at an astonishing speed, bristling with electricity and knocking down seven soldiers, now out cold.

Rocket created a bubble shield around Zat for protection and let Superboy have his hands free to fight. Clark had already run right into the fray, breaking guns and punching troopers in the face. He let out a roar of anger when Marie was nearly shot and barely missed being hit when she diverted the lasers with her telekinesis. Clark became a raging monster, and the team watched him in surprise.

"Well, we can all tell who SB's kid is," Robin said at last.

"Ditto," KF agreed.

"Hey!" Conner protested.

"Marie, behind you!" Iris thought. She was too slow though, and the half-Martian fell to the ground, out cold.

"We're trapped!" Garth said, referring to the troopers who had come up behind them while they were preoccupied.

"I told you something like this would happen!" James said to his sister.

"Shut up!" Iris commanded him as she ran past with Diana. James blushed.

"They have the advantage. Stand down." Aqualad commanded. He placed his water-bearers on the ground and put his hands in the air in surrender.

"We can take them!" Rocket protested.

"Lets get 'em!" Clark growled like an animal.

"No. We can't. Not if we're dead." Dragonfire said bitterly.

Everyone followed Aqualad's orders, even the future kids, and had an inhibitor collar placed around their neck.

Sandy looked at Kaldur sadly, as if...as if she was disappointed in him. Kaldur brushed it off as nothing and watched as his teammates were subdued.

Completely surrounded, weapons taken, and deprived of their powers, they were escorted to the bridge of the ship.