Chapter Eight

Pic: Wendy West, aka Girl Flash

When Zat cast his spell, he wasn't thinking. It had been hard for him to think clearly since he cast that big spell that brought him and his friends back to the past.

So he certainly didn't stop and think for one second that when he said "Kids" that he would include the kids on the team.

Namely, their parents.

When the blue glow of Zat's spell diminished, his friends were horrified to see that he had brought the team with them. But their fear grew to terrified when Zat collapsed on the spot.

"Zat!!!!" Iris cried, running to catch him.

"The spells he's cast in the last half-hour must have really drained his energy. I'm surprised he didn't pass put when you guys first got to this time period," Zatanna said. Her hand began to glow a purplish-bluish and she placed it on his head.

"He's pretty powerful," Iris told her, "Just like his mother."

Zatanna nodded mutely. Concentrating as hard as she could.

"He should be fine," she said after a moment, "He might be out for a long time, but when he wakes up he'll be fine." 

"Thank you," Mar'i said as Clark took Zat from Iris.

"Wait a minute, did he just bring us somewhere with the people we do not want to be with?" Sandy cried, rubbing her temples.

"Crud," Mar'i said. She pulled out an extendable bo staff from her belt and spread her arms in front of her team of friends.

"Wait," Kaldur said, gesturing for his team to not retaliate, "We do not wish to fight, only to make sure you are not our enemy."

"Gee, I hope we're not the enemy, seeing as we're all your kids," Iris remarked sarcastically.

"Iris!" Her friends chorused. The team stared at the twelve kids in shock. These kids were theirs!?

"Oh put a sock in it, guys," Iris rolled her eyes. "We're up against nine kids trained by Batman, two of them being his personal proteges. It was inevitable that they'd find out, especially now that we're all trapped here. Together."

"Where is here, to be exact?" Dragonfire asked, looking around and bringing the rest of her team out of their stupor.