Chapter Twenty-Nine

Over thirteen thousand reads on this book, and it's just the one on my account!!!! This is probably the most popular one of my books has gotten while I was in the process of writing it. Thank you guys so much, it means a lot to me and Rar.

As a reward, here is  a compilation of my individual drawings of each of the team members!!! If you want the close-up, individual sketches, check out the media on chapters five through fifteen!!

I may or may not post the sequel I promised, but I do plan on doing a team scrapbook for the @4_fangurlzonaroll account. This will be a book where you can request one shots about the next-generation team, ask/dare them, and I'll post  more pictures that I draw of them. :)

Thanks again!

~Lizard

and

~Rar

Central City, Kansas. 22:55

Iris and her sisters carefully walked up the wooden porch steps to their house, careful to miss the squeaky step. The lights were off, so they assumed that the coast was clever.

They unlocked the door with the key hidden in the hollow rock in the garden, and headed for their rooms as quietly yet quickly as they could.

"Guys, I'm hungry." Wendy mumbled, stopping outside the kitchen. Iris was about to snap at her baby sister and tell her to buck up and wait until morning, but then she remembered her promise to her mother.

"Here, I think dad may have left some cherry pie in the freezer for once." Iris set her bow and quiver on the table and opened the fridge, taking out a half-empty pie tin and three forks. For a minute, the three girls sat at the counter and at pie straight from the tin. And then they heard footsteps from the living room.

Iris and Diana grabbed their bows, each aiming an arrow at the doorway that separated the kitchen from the family room.

And then a tiny, six-year-old little boy walked around the corner. He had longish, dark brown hair, stormy gray eyes, and wore a bright red flash pajama onesie.

Wendy gasped. "Grayson!" She sped over to the little boy and hugged him tightly. "Did you miss us?"

The little boy only nodded, and Diana gave her adopted little brother a hug as well.

"Guess what?" Wendy sped around her two siblings. "Guesswhatguesswhatguesswhat, Gray-gray?" Grayon only stared at his big sister.

Wendy beamed. "We went back to the past and we got to meet mommy and daddy when they were Irey's age and we got captured but then we beat up the Light, and-" Wendy went silent when someone on the other side of the room flicked on the lights.

Iris gulped, seeing her parents both wide awake, looking like they didn't know whether to be mad or upset or relieved.

Wallace West ran over and scooped up Wendy and Diana both in a hug, leaving Iris to grab Grayson. "Are you kids okay?"

"What happened to you?" Artemis brushed her hair back over her shoulder repeatedly as she bent down to hug and examine Iris over and over again.

The three West girls just looked at each other.

Iris shrugged. "We got blasted back to the past."

El Paso, Texas. 21:57

Angelica and James flew themselves home on their jetpacks. It was about the time that James was usually sent to bed, but Angelica was usually sent and hour ago. Baby Kristi and her brother Donnie were definitely asleep, and their parents would definitely not be happy if James and Angelica woke up the twins.