Chapter 22

"I'm not sure whether I should say 'aw' or 'ew'."

"It was kind of disgusting, especially after the yolk dried... it's a nightmare to get it out of your hair with all that flour," she told Dinah on the phone. It was a really old cellphone since her own couldn't be found after Luis had taken it from her, but she couldn't afford a new one. And it was better than none at all. "It was cute though. I mean, it was really nice. I'd cuddle with her all the time, if she let me."

"Yeah, but you had flour and eggs all over your body! Couldn't you have, like, taken a shower together or something?"

Camila almost dropped the phone. "Dinah!"

"Too soon?"

"We're just friends and even if we weren't just friends, I didn't even have my first kiss yet!"

"Wait, what?"

"Uh, didn't I tell you that already?" she asked confused. She could've sworn that the topic had already come up.

"No! What the heck, Mila! You can't just forget to mention that Lauren is going to be your first kiss!"

"You don't know that," Camila groaned.

She hated it when someone made assumptions. She didn't want to get her hopes up. What if Lauren only saw her as a friend? She wouldn't blame her. She was still stunned that Lauren wanted to be friends with her in the first place. She wasn't funny or attractive. Who would be interested in an awkward, shy and often annoying girl that wasn't even good looking?

"Oh please... I'm already planning your wedding. I want to be the godmother of your firstborn, by the way."

"Now you're really getting ridiculous. Children? Really? You're already planning Lauren's and my children?" She shook her head. Dinah was getting a little... too excited about everything.

"Just make me the godmother."

"I don't know about that. Can't make those decisions without Lauren," she joked, but Dinah gasped.

"Oh shoot! I have to buy her something nice or she'll ask Mani to be the godmother! Or worse – Ally..."

"Why not Ally?" Camila asked confused. "She would be amazing. Actually, she'd probably be perfect."

"Exactly. How am I supposed to compete with Ally?! I need to prepare and get Lauren to choose me when the time comes!"

"You're crazy..."

"Not crazier than you are for Lauren though! And now tell me again why you let her leave with bread?"

Camila sighed and laid down on her couch to stare at the ceiling. "I was in no position to tell her to stay. He needed help studying. What should I have done? Clinging to her knees and begging her to not leave me alone?"

"Well, something like that, I guess. You do know though that bread didn't call Lauren over just to study, right?"

She bit her lip. "Maybe he only wanted to study. Stop with the worst case scenarios."

"As if that fuckboy wants Lauren for her brains..."

Grimacing, Camila thought it was better to change the subject. She didn't like where this was going. "Have you started on the project for Barnes yet?"

"Ugh, no. But it's okay, we still got time. Wait, when is it due?"

She snorted and shook her head. "In a month."